Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I found this forum from Thehighroad.org. I have done some extensive research on my first handgun purchase. My purpose is for home defense now/ car and ccw later. I will be doing as much range time as possible (classes included). Anyway, after handling several weapons that are in my price range, I decided on a trade-in Walther p-99 .40S&W. It felt right in my hand and the previous owner reported no problems with it. As a new shooter, I liked the idea of the anti-stress trigger although I have heard mixed reviews of it. Any tips on ammo and maintenance? Hope I made the right choice
The Springfield XD was my other option, however, the Walther's feel and price ($475) did it. Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I also picked up a used P99 in .40 and have put a thousand rounds through it with absolutely no problems. I happen to like the AS trigger. I think most people don't invest the time to be proficient with it. I think the SA mode on the P99 is one of the best out there. As far as ammo I usually just use the WWB value packs from Walmart for target practice and some good JHP for ccw.
Congratulationson your purchase!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts