Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

As the P88 is much less widespread, asking here.
I am going to get my first pistol, mostly for range shooting. There is nice offer for used P88 (200Eur) and used P99 (250EUR).
Which one you would suggest? Any PROS and CONS?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
You can still get parts for the P99.
Wise words from the old flatulant one. Any gun, from any manufacture can break or wear and need parts. Accessibility of parts is an important consideration if you are going to be shooting a bit.

Would you buy a car as a daily driver for which you cannot get parts??

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I agree with the comments above, but at that price (if it was available in the USA), I know which one I would buy ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for comments and welcoming to forum. Yes, spare parts are important - thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Why not both? I love spending other peoples money!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not both? I love spending other peoples money!:D
Yeah. I also think about it. But our gun control is much tighter. It will take me approximately month to get approved for gun. Then I buy one. Then I should apply for next permit... So the next one I will be able to get after some time... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Help me here. In US P88s start at $1,000 and work north. P99s around $500.

How does the price difference get reversed in Europe?
I think it could be related with the gun politics here. For example in my country it is not so easy to get the gun permit. And to have gun is costly for average person. So there is less people, who choose gun for "collecting".

·
Registered
63 Posts
The comments from some of your folks indeed concern me. Are you really saying that I can't get any parts for my P88C? After all, there are many, many discontinued guns out there and parts can be had for them. I love shooting that handgun, and hate to think that I shouldn't use it for fear of unavailable parts.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The comments from some of your folks indeed concern me. Are you really saying that I can't get any parts for my P88C? After all, there are many, many discontinued guns out there and parts can be had for them. I love shooting that handgun, and hate to think that I shouldn't use it for fear of unavailable parts.
There are used parts companies out there and there is always Earl, but parts for the P88 don't seem to be listed most places when I go for a look for Walther parts.

Numrich is usually your best bet:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=p88

·
Registered
539 Posts
How much are you realistically going to shoot it? I wouldn't be too concerned about parts unless you're putting thousands and thousands of rounds through it. If durability is a genuine factor, though, I think the P99 wins pretty handily.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks. I'll keep pulling the P88C trigger.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Just to clarify for maineiac, the P88 and P88c are substantially different firearms. The compact is not just a smaller version of the full-size P88.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did you get the P88? I’m out looking for one...

I think it could be related with the gun politics here. For example in my country it is not so easy to get the gun permit. And to have gun is costly for average person. So there is less people, who choose gun for "collecting".
Hi, I am also a gun collector (and regular shooter) from Europe. Did you manage to get the P88?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts