Walther Forums banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts
Here is mine if I am wrong or missing anything please tell me and give me some info thank you!!

Report format:
Serial number: 105146
Production date or code: "AB" stamped 2001? Is that right? Surely not?
Length firing pin: unknown
Magazine catch: flat fully serrated
Flushing opening: Yes, in the slide
Reinforced decocking lever: Yes
Hammer: Triangle
Takedown lever: Raised Unmarked
Plunger: unknown
Triggerstop: Uknown
Triggerbar: Unknown
Opening on the inside of the triggerguard: Yes? I think?

I could be wrong so please advise i attach a photo.

The pics show a marked takedown lever (the 4pt "star").

Reactions: GeoNole94
Very late to this thread (late to all threads actually).............I have the 374th P5 every made I guess. Just looked it over today. Haven't shot it in a long while. No import markings on it anywhere I can see and I looked. Ulm proofed, 'HK' date code. Not a BMI line out but rather still has the un-messed with Baden-Württemberg on left front of slide. Probably picked this up from S.O.G. maybe 15 ~ 16 years ago in the box with 2 magazines and the original, matching orange armorer revisions data card all in German with 1st entry 4/29/80 and last one was 5/8/2000. No test target and later manual (2/90) in German only. Don't remember but I'm sure it was under $500?? Condition probably 95%? Hope this helps with data collection.......

Serial number: 001375
Production date or code: HK
Length firing pin: ?
Magazine catch:
flat fully serrated
Flushing opening: I was not able to locate
Reinforced decocking lever: YES
Hammer: Triangle marked
Takedown lever: Raised 4-pointed star
Plunger: ?
Triggerstop: Trigger
Triggerbar: ?
Opening on the inside of the triggerguard: YES in front of trigger

thanks guys, please keep reporting. I am still extending the database :)
Dennis! It's you! I sent a couple of email to you but probably you did not receive them since I got no reply.
Have you any idea of the numbers of the P5 / P5 Compact and P88 / P88 Compact that were originally produced in caliber 9x21mm from Walther? I also asked to you if you had any info about the P38 .22LR with the frame of steel (Bank Proof Marks IH - 1987) that I recently purchased, I enclosed the pictures in the mail I sent.
I am aware these are very hard to find info but I try the same, I have no hope but nonetheless I cross fingers....
Take care!
;-)

Opened up the AED and added a new post. This is my just acquired BMI and it has some unusual features. First DennisV’s checklist, albeit incomplete because I didn’t completely disassemble the gun.

Serial number: 037790
Production date or code: slide 2/84, frame LC (92)
Length firing pin:
Magazine catch: hook / flat fully
serrated
Flushing opening: Unknown
Reinforced decocking lever: YES I think so.
Hammer: Unmarked
Plunger: Unknown
Triggerstop: Frame
Triggerbar: 4-pointed star
Opening on the inside of the
triggerguard: ???

Now some photos.

The combination of that slide S/N and a frame mounted trigger stop feature would indicate the original frame was swapped out for a later variation frame.

The combination of that slide S/N and a frame mounted trigger stop feature would indicate the original frame was swapped out for a later variation frame.
I think also the ‘2’ stamped on the trigger guard could document the replacement.

The literature does say that pistols were returned for repair/upgrade. I’m recording this in my bound book as a 1992 in keeping with ATF rules about serial number placement, even though the serial number places it at 1984.

I think also the ‘2’ stamped on the trigger guard could document the replacement.

The literature does say that pistols were returned for repair/upgrade. I’m recording this in my bound book as a 1992 in keeping with ATF rules about serial number placement, even though the serial number places it at 1984.
If you look closely at the digits of the serial number on the frame, you can see that the seven is slightly different from the seven on the slide, the seven on the frame is slightly curved at the back, while this line on the seven on the slide is straight.
Also, the numbers on the frame are not exactly in a row but shifted a very little up and down.
All of this suggests that the frame has been replaced and the serial number on the new one has been matched to the number on the slide and hammered in manually.

All of this suggests that the frame has been replaced and the serial number on the new one has been matched to the number on the slide and hammered in manually.
I agree. How common is this practice in Germany?

In the US if a manufacturer needed to replace a damaged frame for a customer they would just use a new frame with a new serial number.

In the US if a manufacturer needed to replace a damaged frame for a customer they would just use a new frame with a new serial number.
According to the weapons law, which is generally binding for all member states in the EU today, it's done the same way in Germany today.
That was not the case in 1992. At that time there was no such general EU weapons law, the weapons laws of the member states were more independent and in Germany, the serial numbers were allowed to be matched to one another.

Hello everyone,

I've lurked here off and on for years and have spent considerable time in this one thread. Thought I would do my duty and report on one with some actual provenance on the date.

Report format:
Serial number: 027971
Production date or code: ID
Length firing pin: TBD
Magazine catch:
hook
Flushing opening: NO/sort-of/maybe (in fact slide underbelly looks different than any pics I've seen)
Reinforced decocking lever: NO
Hammer: Unmarked
Plunger: Long / Short
Triggerstop: Trigger
Triggerbar: TBD
Opening on the inside of the triggerguard: YES (and has roll pin in it)

Forgive me for no pics right now I'll try and get some, as well as check on the TBDs above.

Further info:
No date code stamp
Barrel, slide and frame SNs match
Has the eagle, date code of ID (very clear) and little leaf symbol on left side as expected
No other markings that I can see
The little eagle stampings are a little light and hard to make out if you don't know what they are, but all the other stampings are clear, straight and definitely not freehand.

Was bought new in Germany, at some time definitely BEFORE Aug 1 1983 (have provenance for this)

The odd thing here are that the SN and the date code are not too far out of whack for a manufacture date before 8/1/83, but S/N is less than 150 away from the v3/v4 cutoff. So while it still has the early mag release, but it has the raised but unmarked takedown lever. Maybe that helps the sleuths on here with their pistols somehow?

And to close, I have a question: How much value am I going to shave off if I shoot it? Still NIB, never shot beyond factory, and slide removed for the first time ever today to look at/for the holes, which is why I have some TBDs above. I would call it a safe queen but I'm pretty sure it identifies as a cowboy. Poor thing.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.