Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Damn, I guess I didn't look too close, I didn't realize it was unfiired. That's certainly a game changer.

It sounds like you got a fair deal on the P7's. There are certain ones that collectors look for for sure. Last year limited run KH PSP's, 1st Model PSP's, Jubille P7M8's,Chantilly fat triggers,factory nickel P7 M8/13's, Long slide models, P7M10's, P7K3's with coversions,and the unobtanium coveted P7M7 which there are only 6 in total. I don't think is a single one in civilian hands.

I lucked upon a very nice last run KH PSP marked P7 at Cabelas about 3 years ago. I almost sheet myself when I saw the price. 1050.00. They easily go for 3-5,000 now depending on condition.

For perspective, I purchased a shooter and a complete package/99% safe queen HK P7 M13 for almost $5.5k. I place increased value in the P7 line for the same reason, the "end of the line" of an exclusive design by the manufacturer.
I may place more premium on interesting design and impeccable condition then most others.
Hard to believe but that same P7 was sitting BNIB on the shelf unsold for a long time at $700. They were not great sellers. The P7 has gone nuts of late as people are willing, as you well know DUA, to spend a lot of cash to make sure they get one of the greatest pistols ever made. I really screwed up by not getting one the instant R11 introduced me to it. I'm still hunting for a bargain and hoping there's a big release of surplus Polizei P7s coming.

BTW I have to say it again. As DUA has become one of the world's top collectors of uber quality Walther pistols I continue to be amazed that he hasn't nibbled in the PP Super pond.;)

It's on my list for 2019.

I have two more Walthers currently in transport, they hit US soil last week, and should be at my FFL in a week or so. These have taken over 6 months.

Getting ATF Form 6 approved takes only four to max six weeks, unless there is a government shutdown. The BAFA permit takes four to eight weeks. Eight weeks if there are any questions and customs permits are processed within a week. There is no valid excuse for an export to take six months. If an exporter is on the firearms exporter list, he does not have to wait for BAFA approval for every single firearm and saves the time, that is the permit that SIG Sauer had lost. It is rather a sign of poor service.

Getting ATF Form 6 approved takes only four to max six weeks, unless there is a government shutdown. The BAFA permit takes four to eight weeks. Eight weeks if there are any questions and customs permits are processed within a week. There is no valid excuse for an export to take six months. If an exporter is on the firearms exporter list, he does not have to wait for BAFA approval for every single firearm and saves the time, that is the permit that SIG Sauer had lost. It is rather a sign of poor service.

Yes.

My ATF Form 6 approval took only 8 business days. I was told the BAFA would take 6 to 8 weeks for approval.

The process was drawn out by large time gaps between steps.

I used an exporter one of the sellers recommended, they didn't perform their task very well, and overcharged me IMHO.

I've used this exporter twice now, my first AND last time!

Hard to believe but that same P7 was sitting BNIB on the shelf unsold for a long time at $700. They were not great sellers. The P7 has gone nuts of late as people are willing, as you well know DUA, to spend a lot of cash to make sure they get one of the greatest pistols ever made. I really screwed up by not getting one the instant R11 introduced me to it. I'm still hunting for a bargain and hoping there's a big release of surplus Polizei P7s coming.
Wow! And you didn't buy it? I've never in my life seen an M13 for 700.00........going back to when they were first produced. A regular police P7 trade in , sure or maybe a commercial model at one point.

I've talked to a Bavarian Policeman about their P7's. He said they will be destroyed. It's more than likely that we will never see anymore imported.

This would enter into a discussion of possibility vs probability.

Is it "possible", yes.
Is it "probable", no.

Lets discuss flipped coins landing on their edges now......
Someone on Youtube messaged me a couple years ago that they had one (they were looking for a valuation), and I'd imagine Earl has had at least one or two. Very rare to be sure, but I'm 99.9% certain there are a handful floating around in the states. Many high-end collectors aren't overly present on the internet and stuff only leaves their collections when they die, so it's hard to truly know.

Someone on Youtube messaged me a couple years ago that they had one (they were looking for a valuation), and I'd imagine Earl has had at least one or two. Very rare to be sure, but I'm 99.9% certain there are a handful floating around in the states. Many high-end collectors aren't overly present on the internet and stuff only leaves their collections when they die, so it's hard to truly know.

So true.

This why I stressed "online searchable" when I posted locations and counts of P5 Langs.

Gun collectors are like car collectors.

I have a Viper Club of America friend who resides in Central Florida, he invited several club members, including myself (after an owners meeting in Orlando), to his home in a gated community.
Turned out, the homes across the street and next door are actually his additional garage space, and he has over 4 dozen classic Hemi powered/440 6 pack/factory built drag special Mopars from the '60s and '70s. Even a few Sox & Martin drag cars. I got dizzy looking at the collection.

There's lots of unknown out there.

Wow! And you didn't buy it? I've never in my life seen an M13 for 700.00
I was referring to the P7 in general not the M13. It wasn't until after the P7 was discontinued in 2008 that they started to get the following they deserved. The P5 was the same kind of deal. They were high dollar top quality guns back in the day especially considering they were designed as duty pistols. The good thing is because of that more of the P5 and P7 you find these days have been well cared for and are in great condition.

We can only hope that someone in the Polizei hierarchy decides to do the right thing and sell those pistols on the surplus market.

Reactions: Pilotsteve
For those HK owners who don't know they suck...........

This is hilarious:
An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department:
In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games.
Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.
At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.
Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault.
If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one. And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.
By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage.
Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.
Buy our stuff.
Sincerely
HK Marketing Department HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
My only other HKs apart form a 40S&W USP...

I do like HK, and really enjoy shooting my USP in 40S&W.

Unlike DUA, as for collectible ones, so far I only got two HK4s.

The first one came with matching 22LR conversion barrel, I say matching because the test target of the barrel has the same pistol serial number on it. It's dated 1968. The other, test fired in 1975, came with all 4 barrels - 22LR, 6,35Br, 7,65Br and 9mm kurz, including cleaning tools, targets, user manual and a nice letter from HK to previous owner explaining how to install the 22LR barrel. Both models have different variant slide, and the manuals depict the correct one for each.

Included also is a pic of my 1968 Mauser Hsc in top condition.

So, nothing out of this world, but nice to have.

I hope you like them.

Attachments

For those HK owners who don't know they suck...........

This is hilarious:
An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department:
In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games.
Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.
At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.
Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault.
If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one. And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.
By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage.
Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.
Buy our stuff.
Sincerely
HK Marketing Department HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

Well, I have plenty of experience with the G3 and G36, as well as the P8, and some with the MP5. Personal preferences aside, all of the aforementioned shoot reliably and accurately. I dislike the Hensoldt scope on the G36.

The MP5 is the best 9mm subgun that I ever shot and a h-u-g-e improvement over the UZI. The G3 is very well made, durable, and rock solid. The G3s showed no signs of having been thrown out of windows during house-to-house training in Hammelburg when they hit the ground.

Since the German army transitioned to HK P8s from the anitquated P1 design, average shooting scores have definitely improved, as did the longevity.

I still prefer my AR carbine with the ACOG over the G36 but had some perfect runs with 100% scores with the G36.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.