Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised I have translated the review (i.e. an interview) as published in the Dutch guns magazine "AK56" back in 1995.

It's an 8 pages and 24.4 MB pdf-file so if anyone can explain me how to put it on the forum, you'll get it. Please be aware that English is not my mother tongue, I'm no professional interpreter (I've got a degree in nautical engineering) and due to the nature of the translated text, it may be considered as "Dutch English". It's worth sharing this with you though because it gives a completely different view about how (Dutch) gun aficionados look at the Walther P5. You may indeed notice that the interviewer is somehow biased regarding the qualities of the P5 but I'll let you judge about that (I haven't translated the final part of the review - after the interview had ended -  as I considered it a personal point of view from the interviewer and therefore not relevant).

All I can say is that I consider myself very happy to be the proud owner of a Walther P5, I was lucky to find one 2nd hand (for 250 Euro) and I was able to restore it back in a pristine condition.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
You could try emailing it to me, and then I could post it on my company's web site (family business - no worries) for folks to download for a short time.

I've done that before, and it seemed to work ok.

Regards,
Jeff

[email protected]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

as I couldn't mail the file to you (way too large) I printed and scanned each page and mailed them to you (8 pages, 8 mails). Hope you can make them accessible for the forum members. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I totally brain farted when I saw those 8 emails from a foreign country in my spam in-box. Now I remember!

I'll post them up on Monday when I get back to the office as I can't do it away from work.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
174 Posts
Excellent translation! Thanks E.T.! and Thanks jgilbertson for the posting! By the way... I think that Walther should had continued the development of the P5. I would love an all steel frame P5, or a black full stainless steel P5c for ccw!

·
Registered
174 Posts
As I understand, all problem stated in this review, are normal wear and tear of the use of a gun for many years. We have to get clear that this is a gun design of the seventies, metal treatments like tennifer weren't usual at that time, stainless steel guns weren't as durable as they are now and polymer guns were just prototypes... Any gun of those years, used intensively for long time would have show some problems too. If not, no police dept. in the world would change their sidearms ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts