Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo mates, I'd need an help...

I felt in love with a Walther P38 .22LR "all steel", I already own an "ordinary" P38 "5,6mm" but it features the standard alloy frame and the standard black plastic grips.

"I can resist everything except temptation" once said Oscar Wilde and I fear I will stumble against this P38 (I can not resist them).

I was looking for info about this model (the owner of the gun shop states it is a special model made in the Eighties) but I could not find anything helpful around, nor on the web nor on the several books about Walther pistols that I own. This is the first one I see in my whole life (and I always look around).

Would you please give me a hand to understand if this pistol worths the required (high) price? My sense of modesty does not allow me to say the price but I have been watching P38 .22LR advs for decades and the average price was always in a range of 400/600; well, this "steel beauty " is very far from those prices...

Thank you for your precious help!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a beauty. I am going to have to start looking for one. $900-$1000 here I would guess.
I like it too... but its price is something I should think about... I mean, we usually stop thinking when we "see the light" but it is not a correct behaviour. Once I read the sign of a mate in a domestic forum and it was: "my only regret is that when I'll be gone my wife will sell my firearms for the price I told her I spent to buy them"
🤭

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...about 1.500 Dollars (1.350 Euro) :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
...about 1.500 Dollars (1.350 Euro) :confused:
Okay. From this point of view, the case would be absolutely crystal clear to me. Instead of buying three or four more ordinary aluminum frame P38/P1 models, I would rather choose this very nice steel P38 model and at most one ordinary P38 or P1 in addition. With this restriction I could live well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts