Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with the Magazine releasing while firing the P22? I've run about 400 rounds through it and other then a couple of FTF problems, it has been pretty solid.

For some reason now, after about 2 or three rounds the magazine comes disengaged and drops. I'm not hitting the release, on the trigger guard, in any way. If I just snap it back in place it will just do it again after a round or two. It's not with just one mag either.

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would simply call the Walther service department at Smith & Wesson and ship it back to them for repairs. About a year ago I called them because I was concerned the barrel nut was loosening on my P22 after about 100 rounds. I got them on the phone w/no problem, advised them of my concerns, and they had me send the pistol back to them. Within 10 days I had a new P22. By the way, both my original P22 and the replacement have worked extremely well, despite what I have read from some other owners.

·
Registered
88 Posts
to me their sevice was pure crap. I had to send the whole pistol back for a magizine problem and i have sent it back twice (i had to pay for shiping both times) and neither time did they fix the problem! so i ending up tryin to fix it myself and i did so but now the mag is very difficult to take out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next time I go to the Range, I'll look a little more closely at where my finger is. I do remember changing how I pulled the trigger when I was shooting my Glock. I was not releasing right away, like I usually do, to let the trigger reset, on the Glock, for the follow-up shot. I may have been just holding my finger back too tight while shooting. I used to just release as soon as it went off, but with the Glock, you can lift you finger just a little and the trigger will reset without releasing it all together. I'll have to see next time.

Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts