Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, tried this one out on THR, but not much answer there. Seems to have a lot of Ruger/Buckmark shooters (nothin' wrong with that).

Picking up a Walther P22 tomorrow. The thing is cute as a bug and it has me temporarily distracted from picking up a Ruger 22LR. Just curious as to how well other shooters' P22's are holding up under heavy use.

Particularly interested in range rental guns and other guns that see heavy daily use...and shall we say less heavy daily cleaning?

I know that some Rugers have round counts in the hundreds of thousands. How does the new kid on the block hold up as far as long-term reliability? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, I haven't put more than 500 rounds through mine. BTW, Let me know if you find any High Velocity Ammo that works reliably with your P22. Anyting over 1800fps. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been using Winchester Super X and I have not had a single FTF......My buddy has not had a problem with his either. I was very worried when i first picked up this firearm, because everytime i hand cycled the ammo, no matter how fast, i would get a double feed. When firing the firearm though, I have not had a single problem. Make sure you give the mag a little tap on the back to line all the round up.

PS great gun......im still trying to get used to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Aguila Super Maximum is the HOTTEST 22LR on the market now.
1750 fps and 204 fpe
What they test it in who knows

There is a Web site that has tested them in a Tarus 22 (Beretta Tomcat Copy )

http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/tests.htm

The Aguila Super Maximum, CCI Quick-Shok, and CCI Stingers are all within a few fps and 1-2 fpe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have more that 3200 Rds through this one most of which were with the Gemtech Outback attached. No problems and this was a 1St Edition.

John

·
Registered
187 Posts
My P22 (AC date code, test casing 8/02) is at about 2200 rnds, with just the usual wear. Got it in Sept '02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts