Walther Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... I'm a new owner of a Walther P22, and in the time I've had it I've noticed a few things I want to change or modify to work more to my liking, which brings me here with a few questions...

The first question, is how does one go about lowering the trigger pull weight, in both DA and SA, but especially in SA... That is the most important question regarding this firearm I have...

The other big question I have is how do I disable the trigger disconnect when there is no magazine in the gun. When I'm finished shooting I like to check the chamber for clear, then I like to decock the gun with no magazine in it afterwards, just mostly as a personal habit. I just don't like the idea of having to put a magazine back in the gun to decock it. This gun stays locked up except when I or others I know and am observing are using it, so I wouldn't think it too big a liability issue to do so, etc... Not to mention these same people use my Springfield 1911-A1 .45 with no such feature just fine...

My final question is how to keep the safety in the off safe position when firing more than a few shots at a time... After a couple of magazines it tends to want to creep down... Is there any possible way to switch it around so off safe is down and on safe is up? I would much prefer that from another standpoint as well, simply because that would make less confusion between my other pistol and this one as to the direction of movement to disengage the safety. If the only solution is send it back to get looked at, I think I'll just have a friend machine me a new safety device for it instead, such that off safe will be down, might as well make it how I like it while I'm working on it I suppose... Of course I'd re-engrave the markings to reflect the new positions for fire and safe, and instruct everybody who touches the particular firearm of it as well...

Other than these things, most of which are minor issues anyhow, I am quite satisfied with this gun...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts