Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.)Are these still manufactured anywhere by anyone, if so which company?
2.)What kind of 9mm ammo does this tolerate(LRN, JSP)?
3.)Do you all think if I take this to a gunsmith I can get wood grips?
4.)Do you all think I can get like some custom rod installed to reduce the recoil(judging from the barrel it looks like it would have high recoil making it hard to rapidly pop off rounds accurately)? If not, it's OK. From what I hear this piece's reliability more than makes up for it I'm sure.

I didn't buy this yet(It's going to be my first automatic pistol), but I plan to because this weapon is cheap, durable, accurate, and like I said before reliable.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
1. No
2. Any normal 9mm load. I would stay away from Hirtenburg and +P rounds. You can punish the frame with a regular diet of those. Clean well after shooting lead.
3. Nill Griftshaft sells grips for the P.38/P1. So does Gun Parts Corp. Gunsmith not required.
4. No.

Your first semi-automatic pistol. The only automatic pistols I'm familiar with is the Glock 18 and the Model 712 Broomhandle Mausers.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's a great introduction to Walther pistols.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pirate, what is it about the barrel that makes you think it has some big time recoil?
it is as you say, cheap, accurate, reliable and durable, but it also has very soft recoil, even for a 9mm. I think the massive slide has something to do with that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your first semi-automatic pistol. The only automatic pistols I'm familiar with is the Glock 18 and the Model 712 Broomhandle Mausers.
Don't forget the Beretta 93R and the Cz-75 autopistol, also the Russian Stetchkin.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My experience with my P1 is that it's a sweet shooting gun with recoil that is, if anything, possibly on the lighter side for a 9mm. I suppose it depends on the round. I have shot it with WWB 115 gr. FMJ.

Q

1 - 5 of 5 Posts