·
Registered
77 Posts
Found my old manual, enjoy it! 5

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Can anyone identify the pistol the man in the khaki uniform is holding?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Guess you mean the picture in post #16. Manurhin P1.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The MPL/MPK are not bad guns, but not great ones either. Whoever designed the sights should be taken out and flogged.

M

·
Registered
77 Posts
Works great if you know your sight. But we had this conversation already I think.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Works great if you know your sight. But we had this conversation already I think.
Perhaps we did....I can't remember anything any more.

M

P.S. I should have looked at the earlier posts. This thread has been resurrected twice. It started in 2010. And you are right: we DID have this conversation before.

M

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hot Buttered Lugnuts, Tanfo!!!!! I legitimately think my heart just skipped a beat or two. My eyes are GLUED to the screen at these pictures. Where did you happen to come across this??? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

Looks great, big thumbs up, sir!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
There was a closed-bolt variant that Walther developed in a vain attempt to compete with the H&K MP5 (and get rid of a large inventory of MPK/MPL parts sets that had been produced, never assembled, and warehoused awaiting orders that unfortunately did not materialize).

Hopefully Tanfo will post pictures of that one, too.

M

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The Swiss are best known for their modesty and their tendency to understate. For this reason, I'm already content with the semi-automatic version of the short barreled MPK. :rolleyes:

No, to be honest: I saw this gun recently and I simply couldn't resist.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
A few prototypes were made that were striker-fired from a closed bolt.

M
It seems that the semi-automatic version M90 was more or less recycled from the large inventory of unused MPK parts sets you've mentioned in #28. It's probably Tanfoglio's job to show us a prototype that fires from a closed bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Two Walther/Manurhin's - MPl and P1.

Attachments

Reactions: Milspec

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
These pictures went around the world in 1972. They show three members of the Bavarian police carrying the Walther MP at the Olympic Village in Munich during the attack by the Palestinian group Black September.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Interesting that the people who actually used them professionally seemed to prefer the MPL to the MPK, even though it was less compact. Probably better balance and of course more punch with the longer barrel.

M

·
Registered
77 Posts
Two police and one customs officer at West Berlin's Checkpoint Bravo in 1977/78, searching for RAF terrorists.

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts