1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first posting.

walther1.jpg

walther2.jpg

I've had this nice little Walther PP .32 cal. for many years, but do not know much about it. I'll post some photos and appreciate any feedback info. I looked at serial numbers, but could not come up with a real answer. It's got the "N" under the eagle and matching serial numbers…maybe 1944…maybe much later? I took it to a gun shop and the guy said it was at 95% and a hard model to find. I have the original box and manual for it as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Based on the serial number the date of manufacture will be somewhere in 1965-66.

----

They are awful, horrible pistols. You buy one and let it see any range time and before you know it, other ones start showing up at your house and pretty soon they take over.

My advice is to send it to me for proper disposal, as my gun safe is already badly infected with PPs and I'm willing to take another one for the team.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I figured it was a newer model, but Bill's Guns in Robbinsdale, MN said at auction expect 400-600…60% of that on trade in their shop. I've had it for 20+ yrs and figured it was a used police gun during that era you mentioned. I thought maybe 1944, but no letter after serial number. I've used it at the indoor ranges and it was very accurate at closer range. It's destined for my niece who had shown interest in shooting and figured it's a good gun for a young woman to have.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
First, You should show send a message to Searcher and have him move this to the PP forum, not the FAQ section and you'll get more responses. Second, in the ejection port there should be two numbers, probably 65 or 66. That will be the year of manufacture. Your pistol was a police turn-in from the Lower Saxony region of Germany. I have it's brother. #350798 Very close to your number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts