Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased aftermarket replacement grips for my little Model 9 Type II. I realized when putting it back together I have somehow lost one of the grip screws.

I still have the rosettes, and one of the screws. Is there a standard replacement available somewhere online? I'm not as concerned with look as much as functionality. I'm also not worried about value depreciation, as the previous owner had it re-blued.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Zach

·
Registered
203 Posts
Zach,

I'm sorry to hear about your grip screw mishap. They are tiny things that can "vanish".

The grip screws for a Model 9 Type II are an uncommon metric size. You will probably not be able to find a replacement screw that will fit like the original screw at any hardware outlet. You might get lucky with a local gunsmith who has a screw that will work, but the screw head might not be ideal. One option is to tap out the escutcheons to a slightly larger, more common thread. This impacts the "collector value" of your pistol, but a slightly larger grip screw will function fine. In some cases on non-original "shooter" Model 9's I have seen replacement screws that are quite handsome.

However, before you re-thread you grip escutcheons let me look through my Model 9 parts. I might have an ugly original screw that will serve your needs for a reasonable price. Please send me a Private Message. And I will let you know if I can fix you up.

Earl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts