Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I try to track a history of the Walther Mod PP (WaA359) cal 7.65 with serial 222144P. Based on my internet search I tracked it to Thur factory and production dates between 1941 and 1942. It is likely to have been sold to Luftwaffe, but I have no proven info on this. Is it possible to find any records to whom it might have belonged or where it has been used? Can anyone point me to where I could find out more about it?
Thanks in advance.
All the best.
Artur

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The magazine has no serial number. On the side there is "WALTHER" on top of a ribbon, underneath which it writes "PP 7.65 m/m". There must have been also a loop at the bottom of the pistol for a string, but it has been sown off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cannot agree with date placing its production at 1942. I found two cases of pistols:
  • S/N: 216307P (c. 1941) Luftwaffe
  • S/N: 237189P (c. 1941) Wehrmacht
Assuming that it was not sold to Luftwaffe (very close S/N to the one above) as S/N on magazine is missing, while the one sold to Wehrmacht has higher S/N, then mine could only have been produced in 1941.

I heard about records being lost in the war. This is why I search through forums, in case that I can put together some pieces of information to lead me a bit further.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries. This is a detective work and clues are sometimes misleading. I have changed the production date several times until I got a more solid confirmation, further confirmed through discussions in this groups. Thanks to all for this. I still would like to track the first owner, but this appears to be "mission impossible". Regarding images, this will take me some time since the pistol is not in my posession.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts