Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 7.65 mm mod pp with a holster with the name of the German officer etched inside the holster. Ser# 297265 q on the frame and ser# 222975 p on the slide the gun is in excellent shape. Can anyone give me information on the piece? My father-in-law brought it back from the war and gifted it to me.

Registered
I have this 7.65 mm mod pp with a holster with the name of the German officer etched inside the holster. Ser# 297265 q on the frame and ser# 222975 p on the slide the gun is in excellent shape. Can anyone give me information on the piece? My father-in-law brought it back from the war and gifted it to me.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Amber
Wood Door Revolver Rectangle Window
Wood Bag Luggage and bags Rectangle Metal
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Amber
Wood Door Revolver Rectangle Window
Wood Bag Luggage and bags Rectangle Metal
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Helmet Bumper
Revolver Air gun Trigger Purple Wood
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle

Registered
Very strange! This PP has WaA acceptance marks and E/N proof marks, which it should never have got. The serial number on slide and frame differ, plus the fact that the one on the frame as as a "q!" suffix.....Dieter H. Marschall.

Premium Member
The serial number on the slide dates it to 1941. The frame was probably made in 1943. Walther never used a "q" suffix on the PP, only "P". Your "q" was probably a mistake. Either a backwards "p" or a "b". Not a big deal, it happens. What makes yours unusual is the presence of a military proof mark.

My best guess is that the frame was originally rejected and thrown in a bin with the other rejects. Later, when things started to get desperate, it was pulled out and accepted because Walther needed every mechanically sound frame available to fill orders.

Can you make out the name on the holster?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The serial number on the slide dates it to 1941. The frame was probably made in 1943. Walther never used a "q" suffix on the PP, only "P". Your "q" was probably a mistake. Either a backwards "p" or a "b". Not a big deal, it happens. What makes yours unusual is the presence of a military proof mark.

My best guess is that the frame was originally rejected and thrown in a bin with the other rejects. Later, when things started to get desperate, it was pulled out and accepted because Walther needed every mechanically sound frame available to fill orders.

Can you make out the name on the holster?
The name on the holster is"Hoxter", I noticed that the military marks on the slide and receiver have the inspector number even though the frame number and slide serial number don't match. Also, the mag serial number matches the receiver serial number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts