Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am comparing the Millennium Edition P99 against the 2003 P99. It looks like older one has less lightening cut toward beginning of slide. This is obvious by looking at depth of the curvature. Also if you look at the slide from head on, the Millennium Ed is wider.

I wonder if this is just the Millennium model, or if this is true to all '99 dated P99.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2000 and the muzzle on it looks like the Millenium Edition's muzzle. My 2004 P99c is the only 9mm I have that has an increased angle on the muzzle like your second photo.

I think Walther changed the muzzle during 2003, because my buddy has a 2003 and it looks like my 2000.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds cool. Looks like we can confirm that somewhere during 2003, Walther had a transition. The 40SW slide is all straight, probably due to thicker barrel and more slide material to avoid barrel housing from cracking, or to retain enough mass to deal with recoil. Apparently Walther felt that 9mm could use more lightening so they shaved off more material from the front. How about 2004 and 2005 models? Also I wonder if the SW99 had this type of relief cut.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Nice catch. This type of info would be handy to have in the FAQ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts