Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IV just been told that because I removed my stock to oil the rifle down after shooting in the rain I have voided my warranty.. I got the rifle in may the company John rothery wholesale in the UK who are the main suppler are terrable to deal with they don't have a clue about what they sell and there customer service is terrable has anyone els herd or had any trouble with the same thing I emailed Walther in Germany but they have not answered me yet I'm hoping to sort out the warranty problem

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Knowing nothing about how Europe works when it comes to firearms, please don’t give me too much flak for this suggestion.

Does Walther not have a customer service line in the UK? Maybe give the one here in the States a call. They’ve been really good as far as my needs from them. I forget, what are you guys, like 5 or so hours ahead of us?? Maybe email them here, so you are not playing phone tag with them and you can answer each other at your convenience.

Usually the removal of a stock for owner maintenance is standard field stripping and is part of ownership. Taking the inner workings apart would usually be seen as risking your warranty, but removing stock to make sure it doesn’t rust... bizarre.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think in the USA have better customer service the place in the UK have no clue they only sell them they no nothing about what they sell I will mesg the USA Walther IV tryed Germany with no reply it's sad in many people's eyes Walther should be the company it once was thanks for your suggestion

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
IV just been told that because I removed my stock to oil the rifle down after shooting in the rain I have voided my warranty..
What was the original problem you had with it that made you reach out to John Rothery in the first place ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts