Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a Wather knife from the catalog ? I purchased the P99 series with the P99 cut out in the blade. My only complaint is the quality of the case and screw is not up to the German quality control specs. What say you

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hammer, I don't own the Walther knife, but if you're a 'knifenut', the best place to go is BladeForums, where you'll get answers from people who know more about metallurgy and bladesmithing than you'd ever want to know.

Other knife related sites that are my favorites:
www.skylandscutlery.com (Greg is the best!)
www.knifeart.com
www.bladeart.com
www.arizonacustomknives.com

·
Registered
225 Posts
While perusing this Walther webiste I found this knife. I also found this thread which is 5 years old. Anyone bought one of these or any of the other Walther knives. If so, what is the quality and do you like it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Anyone bought one of these or any of the other Walther knives. If so, what is the quality and do you like it.
Yeah, I bought one and carry it everyday. But I am no knifemaster...I didn't use to carry a knife until I picked this up on ebay. I also have the Walther Tactial knife but it really just sits on a display shelf. I am sure they are both fine knives, at least they seem so to me but hey I am a Walther fan. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I ordered one the knives on Wednesday and it arrived today. That is fast service. I've been toying with it a little this afternoon. Extremely sharp, great weight and feel. I am glad to have one. Now waiting to buy a PPS and I will have rounded out my Walther collection.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Good for you...now my only other question is do they really have good pit barbeque in South Bend? I have a friend in Mishawaka and I don't remember good bbq?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good for you...now my only other question is do they really have good pit barbeque in South Bend? I have a friend in Mishawaka and I don't remember good bbq?
Only when I Q .;) Here's a picture of my pit. I do a little catering for ammo money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I must admit that the knives marketed by Walther are not the greatest I own, I own the following:

The materials used are alright, but when you are use to CRKT and Cold Steel quality, the workmanship seems a bit lacking. For instance the Allied Forces that I own, have spots on the edge that will hit the cast metal handle when closed and dull the edge. Any Walther knives I own are really from the collecting standpoint, and do not get used.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As I've been playing with this knife over the past few days I've noticed that about half the time the blade doesn't lock in place after being opened. There has to be a snap for the lock to slide over. I'm going to see if it gets any better after being opened and closed for a few more days.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Piranha knives

Five years ago, I bought a Piranah auto at a gun show. last year, the spring got slow, so, I tracked down the company and they said send it in. Five days later, I received the knife with a new spring and a new SS blade. Lifetime warranty. My 2 cents. Regards, to all, phtot

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Pitt,
What did you buy, a P99 Tactical II folder? I bought mine new and have had no problems but like I said I am no Knife master....:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts