Walther Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
304 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Unjoiner @ May 25 2004,7:03)]DarthSkeeter:  45GAP doesn't really allow for greater carrying capacity does it?  

While this round is supposed to be slightly shorter than a 9mm round, it still has the same diameter as 45ACP... so 10 rounds of 45GAP will stack inside a magazine just as tall as 10 rounds of 45ACP.
I believe the impetus to design the .45 GAP round was to put the power of the .45 ACP round into a gun that had dimensions of the 9mm and .40 S&W pistols. Some people shy away from the bigger pistols because they can't get a comfortable grip and they're more difficult to conceal; the Glock 37 supposedly addresses those concerns. -The grip dimensions for the Glock 37 are nearly identical to the Glock 17/22. However the Glock 37 is just a tad taller (1/10 of an inch) to accommodate the diameter of the .45 GAP round and still have a capacity of ten shots.

I think it's an interesting approach, but I'm not sure about the longevity of the round. Even if it turns out to be a good round, anyone who makes a gun in this caliber is going to have the uphill battle of trying to convince people to buy a gun where they have to spend twice as much on ammo as they normally would. -Lots of luck there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.