Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I THINK THE GLOCK IS BETTER THAN THE P99

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i was mostly trying to single out the glock guys and find out why they think its a better weapon.please let us know your thoughts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Glocks are unrefined bricks in my opinion. Not saying they don't work.....just that they are bricks. And to all the Glock reliability fanatics out there, my P99 has had 0 failures of any kind.....how do you improve upon that score?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Howdy.  I'm new to the forum, but I thought I'd throw my 2¢ in anyway.  I voted for the P99. I think Glocks are well made and reliable guns, but they just don't get me too excited.  It is hard to find fault with them in a functional regard, except that they have no decocker.  I can buy them new for $450, so I may yet end up with one.  That said, I picked up a P99 40 today. I really like this Walther.

(edited to make my point a little clearer)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like my G19 and my G26 but I love my P99's. One is a standard model and one is a QA, both 9mm. Still waiting for the Walther P99 Compact in 9mm to come out and I would love to see a Walther P99 in 45 acp. No interest in SW99's.

Craig P

·
Registered
83 Posts
not gonna get a very objective poll on a walther forum
, i own a walther and have fired glocks and the walther P99 simply feels better in my hand. my P99 with the largest backstrap feels like part of my arm and hand. glocks do not. glocks are probably every bit as dependable and functional, but they are not as comfortable or natural for me (and glocks are a bit on the homely side, but i guess that's not an really important issue for a personal defense weapon).

frye

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a Glock 30 (.45 caliber) and a Walther P99 QA (.40 caliber) and my opinion is that on the range the glock is more accurate and actually has less recoil. I like the looks of the Walther better but when I pack I reach for the Glock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have both of them and like both of them.
Have only the Glock in the compact size and that is because the Walther compacts are not out yet. When they are, I will have one of those too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so ive carried and fired my buddies PPK/S... its a total pile...

ill take a glock compact over what walther offers in compacts...

#### thing is a brick to carry, it it hurts like none other to fire... most uncomfortable weapon I have EVER fired, I prefer shooting 3" magnum slugs out of a folded stock 12ga, pistol grip style

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Laps

I am impressed about your comment. May I ask you this? since you own both guns, you surely know for sure, I guess the Glock has the barrel in a lower position with respect to the grip, like in sport pistols, that allows for a better recoil control, than that of the Walther, huh? or, is it of no significance. If not, I really would like to know how comes the .45 pistol has more manageable recoil than a .40 S&W.

Regarding the poll, I think is a bit unfair for Glocks, since, if I am right, the P99 is a few years younger than the Glock. The nice ergonomic and IMHO original trigger action of the Walther are due to more "recent" experience along with Walther style.

Besides looks, I also like the above mentioned ergonomics and the indicators in the P99, plus I have been fan of Walther handguns for many years. Sorry, I did not vote, since I am totally biased.

BTW, sorry for my poor English, I hope I don´t get another "funny" and "smart" remark once again, like the one I got in the movies thread.

Peace

H

·
Registered
124 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Laps @ Jan. 27 2004,3:30)]I own a Glock 30 (.45 caliber) and a Walther P99 QA (.40 caliber) and my opinion is that on the range the glock is more accurate and actually has less recoil.  I like the looks of the Walther better but when I pack I reach for the Glock.
I like both guns but, I found the exact opposite to be true regarding accuracy. I've used both in competition and I shoot much tighter groups with the P99QA in .40S&W than the Glock 30. I was always good with the G30, but once I got acclimated to the P99, it became my carry gun.

I'll admit that the recoil is different. Since the .40S&W is a compromise round between the 9mm and .45ACP it sort of incorporates recoil characteristics of both. You get a little of the muzzle flip that you expect from a 9mm and some of the straight push you get from the .45ACP. Initially, some people are put off by having to deal with this combo of recoil characteristics but after a while you get used to it and don't really notice it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a P99, then a G26 and now have traded the P99 for a G19. I'm more accurate with the 19 and while the ergonomics of the P99 are a little better the G19 trigger is more controllable. Also, I wanted a matched pair and got tired of waiting for the P99 compact. I also wanted cheaper accessories (holster, mag carriers, tac light). The LAS/TAC light was a disappointment and it chewed up my P99 frame. I unwisely converted it to a Glock but eventually will buy an M3. Finally, my next purchase will be a G30 since Walther will probably never make a .45 version (S&W doesn't count).

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know they're very reliable pistols and all, but Glocks are not for me. My buddy has a Glock 17 9mm and I have a Walther P99 9mm. I prefer the P99
. It just feels, shoots, looks, and works right.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts