Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
OK, I put in for a bunch of P22 parts last week and they arrived here today. New 5" barrel, stabilizer, hammer sets, breech blocks, recoil springs, etc. So, that was pretty good service. I guess I forgot to mention I would need a 5" barrel sleeve so I e-mailed back today to request that. Otherwise....I'd be out and shooting. M1911

·
Registered
82 Posts
Back it goes

Same thing was happening to me with my P99, I called Walther last Friday and they sent me a return form and RMA number. Said I have a bad fire control.
For those unfamiliar with my situation, I had a PPQ with several problems, one of which was double taps. Walther replaced the gun after 5 trips back for service. I took the replacement gun to the range today. Despite holding the trigger back with all my strength, in 7 mags I had 4 double taps and 1 triple tap! The gentleman in the station next to me confirmed he heard all of them. I'm sure it's not me, and I fear it will go full auto. I called Walther and it goes back tomorrow. I also wonder if Walther is having QC problems with their fire control assemblies. :mad: Bp

I reviewed my range notes and found it was 4 double taps and 1 triple tap in only 4 mags.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
I called customer support this morning, talked to Dylan. I checked availability and prices of some parts....everything I wanted was in stock and reasonably priced. Dylan was an absolute pleasure to do business with.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
All my parts got here yesterday. Less than a week, not bad...new barrel, extractors, breech blocks, sears, hammer assemblies. So, hats off to FT Smith on getting my parts to me quickly. :) M1911

·
Registered
637 Posts
I called customer support this morning, talked to Dylan. I checked availability and prices of some parts....everything I wanted was in stock and reasonably priced. Dylan was an absolute pleasure to do business with.
That's good to hear. I may have to call and see if they finally got some P99 recoil guide rod assemblies. I have one extra, but like to keep ahead of things.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have called them twice now, both times concerning a floor plate for a ppk/s magazine. This has been two calls over the course of a year, they never have the parts in stock. I have yet needed to call them over anything else. I will say that when the transition first happened they responded on social media well. In the past few months, no response at all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have called them twice now, both times concerning a floor plate for a ppk/s magazine. This has been two calls over the course of a year, they never have the parts in stock. I have yet needed to call them over anything else. I will say that when the transition first happened they responded on social media well. In the past few months, no response at all.
I want some followers for my PPS magazines.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Back It Went, Home It Came

To bring you up-to-date on my interactions with Walther CS, my original PPQ M2 was replaced by Walther (after 5 trips back to Walther) for trigger problems noted subsequent to replacement of the FCA. The replacement exhibited several multi-fires (multiple discharges on one trigger pull) so it was sent back to Walther. The last report I received was that they tested it and it functioned properly, so they returned it to me without any repairs being done. I took it to the range this morning and, with a modified grip, I fired 249 rounds without any multi-fires. So it appears the problem may have been caused by my grip. However, I did have several failures to fire caused by unintentional mag drops due to the relative positions of my thumb and the mag release button, but that matter is covered very well in another thread. The end result is that I am satisfied with the way Walther treated me (after 6 returns) and now I am satisfied with the performance of my (second) PPQ . Bp

·
Registered
572 Posts
I dealt with Walther Customer Service (CS) quite extensively with my PPQ M1 .40 failure to feed (FTF) issues. As promised, I wanted to leave a detailed post regarding my experience.

I first experienced my FTF issues after only 200 rounds in Oct. of 2013. But after having an embarrassing moment at my IL CCW qualification shoot (Nov. 4 2013), where both the range officer (Ret. Marine RO) and I experienced a failure, it was time to call. By the time I made the call, I was up to seven FTFs in 744 rounds and was documented within this thread (http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/31307-official-ppq-endurance-reliability-thread.html).

Call 1: This call was in December, 2013 or early Jan. 2014, I can't recall.

The rep I spoke with (do not recall his name) was direct and seemingly 100% confident that my FTF issues were directly related to poor grip and poor ammunition. There was never a moment where he seemed interested in inspecting the firearm and even said at one point that my one-percent failure rate "wasn't worth sending in." Needless to say, I was turned off. But I did spend time exploring grips but I didn't find anything new.

Thoughts from call one: Overall, my first call left a bad taste in my mouth. At the time, I conceded that poor grip 'could' cause these issues, however, confident in myself, I wouldn't have been calling if I thought that was the issue (hard for him to know, however).

Call 2: As a follow-up to call one, I called back a few days later and spoke with Dallas Polk. I explained to Dallas my issue, explained to him my previous call, discussed with him how I was/am confident with my grip not being an issue and he promptly released me an FA (Return Authorization) on January 8th, 2014. I paid the entire cost for the firearm to be shipped TO and FROM Walther Arms (FedEx 2-Day was approximately $80 after shipping, insurance, and packaging to, Walther charged me $35 from).

I was called and informed that my Q recorded a 100% success rate through thirty rounds while under Walther's care.

Thoughts from call two: More than satisfied with Dallas's assistance, other's have mentioned that he's the 'real deal.' I was upset that it seems as if they didn't attempt full magazines at the range during this first visit; quite displeased I paid shipping to and from.

Fast forward to the beginning of July....

Call 3: After a rough couple of visits (one of which I encountered five FTFs between two shooters), it was time to call again. I spoke with Kyle Hudson. I explained to him the issue, how it had been sent in before, how the issue is persisting, how I'd really like to have them look at it again. He was more than receptive and issued an FA on July 9th, 2014. I explained how I was displeased that I had to pay for the shipping to and from previously and he gave me a FedEx label.

Thoughts from call three: Kyle was great! Pleasant, easy to talk to, receptive to concern(s).

Call 3.5: On July 18th, 2014, I received an email from FedEx informing me that my PPQ was back in the mail for return. I had not received a phone call from Walther. Upon receiving this email, I immediately called Walther and spoke with Dylan Higgins. Dylan informed me that the gunsmith fired sixty-two rounds without incident (100% success rate) with three different brands of ammunition.

Dylan was incredibly apologetic. He stressed that he wanted to ensure that I had a positive experience with my Q and that he wanted to help as much as possible. He suggested was that I purchase multiple brands of ammunition (including Fiocchi) and record my next range visit. He said that having footage might help identify a problem. Additionally he asked that I send 'him' the evidence and not package it with an FA.

I began emailing Dylan images on July 21, 2014. On July 28th, 2014, I emailed him again. I never received a return reply to these messages. On August 4th, 2014, I emailed Dylan a third time with links to the videos I had made and all previous images. Then, taking a cue from Olsoul (call early and often, just like voting)....

Call 4: I called and left a message for Dylan; he returned my call later in the afternoon. We spoke at length regarding the issue and he told me that after watching them he wanted to "make this situation right." I asked him what that meant, that I had already sent the firearm to them twice; what was going to be different, what did making this right mean? I asked, in so many words, if they were going to replace my PPQ. After a couple of holds, we came to an agreement that the pistol would be replaced and that I would remove the videos from YouTube. My Q was sent to them one last time on August 4th; I was up to twenty-one FTFs in roughly 1300 rounds (1.5% (this does not include the FTFs I experienced loading)). I received my replacement on Aug. 13.

Thoughts from call 4: Dylan was exceptional! Dylan told me he wanted to make this situation right from the beginning. He provided me with more than enough suggestions to ensure I provided enough detail for both the reps (himself) and the smiths alike. He stood by his word about seeing my situation through and doing what was right; I commend him, and did so both in writing (email) and over the phone.

Conclusion: I am satisfied with the service I have received. I understand, from a sales perspective, that the customer isn't always right and that often certain channels/'hoops' must occur in order to get down to the 'real situation' at hand. I don't fault Walther for not encountering FTFs while they had my Q, but I also cannot explain why they didn't have them either. In the end, it was clear there was something amiss with my firearm, and while it took multiple conversations and attempts to make that clear, they made the situation right. You can't expect much more than that.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
We've had a number of reports of late regarding customer service. Here are a few of links ... and a plea that the folks at Walther take a look here and respond in some way. It's hard to tell if things are getting better or not, given the lack of response both on the forum and on the tags that come back with a repaired firearm.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/38376-pps-9mm-repair-report.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/38395-had-send-my-ppx-back-walther.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/37325-walther-ppx-fails-fire-firing-pin-issue.html

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/35204-who-has-shot-ppx-40-s-w-3.html (See Post. No. 30)

There are others.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I sent Walther an email asking why after 2 people at the same address submitted and paid for the PPX promo kits separately, why they put them both in the same box and mailed them together ( they should refund the shipping on 1 kit ), no response from Walther.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Let me make sure I've got this straight. You received $200 dollars worth of stuff for FREE.....you just had to pay $19.90 for shipping? That's $200 dollars worth of merchandise for the measly outlay of less than $20. And you're not happy?

Kinda like when I had placed two separate orders with Amazon....one order for dog food and another order for some vitamins. The dog food was delivered, but the vitamins never showed up. Well actually, I didn't open the box with the dog food in it for a couple of weeks and when I did, there were the vitamins. ALL WAS WELL!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oldfart, I really do get your point, but it's the principle of the issue. Where I work, we really are not allowed to do things like that or really make any mistakes.

I also have a bad habit of buying things and setting the unopened box aside for long long periods of time. Had I done that in this case, my son would not have received his kit. We all know with the top level of customer service from Walther what would happen if he dared to say he did not receive his kit?

Yes, I'm complaining a little. Call me what you like. But if you say $9.95 shipping each then charge actual shipping. Don't combine it and make more money off of me. It's about honesty and integrity, something there is very little of today and a standard that we are held to where I work. I guess it's my mistake to think other companies should operate at such a level.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I called them once to get a few repair and spare parts for my PPQ M2 a few weeks ago. They mailed me the parts list. I had the part numbers on a list before hand and called a second time. The person on their end (Can't recall for sure, think it was Dallas) was patient and told me availability and cost of the items. They were promptly shipped and all the parts were correct. I am satisfied and would not hesitate to call again in the future.

41 - 60 of 361 Posts