Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
As the title says, my Rail Gun is shooting "stupid-kinda low". And I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Moreover, I wonder if the rear sight of the Gold Cup Trophy can be swapped to the Rail Gun (or Government Model).

I've searched and cannot find information about other, adjustable rear-sight options for the Rail Gun or Government Models.

My experience with these two models is limited. I like the Rail Gun and I don't really understand why there's so much disdain for these models.

Any information if the rears can be swapped, if the front can be swapped (I may need to file it) or if there is a viable, adjustable rear from another vendor is much appreciated.

Thanks!

String

Premium Member
I wonder if the rear sight of the Gold Cup Trophy can be swapped to the Rail Gun (or Government Model).
No, it can't. The Gold Cup rear sight requires a Bomar cut to install. If you look closely at a Gold Cup you'll see a small shelf milled from the slide to accommodate the rear portion of the sight.

Registered
Hi all.

As the title says, my Rail Gun is shooting "stupid-kinda low". And I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Moreover, I wonder if the rear sight of the Gold Cup Trophy can be swapped to the Rail Gun (or Government Model).

I've searched and cannot find information about other, adjustable rear-sight options for the Rail Gun or Government Models.

My experience with these two models is limited. I like the Rail Gun and I don't really understand why there's so much disdain for these models.

Any information if the rears can be swapped, if the front can be swapped (I may need to file it) or if there is a viable, adjustable rear from another vendor is much appreciated.

Thanks!

String
There might be a possibility of using an LPA adjustable sight. There appear to be two options, but I don鈥檛 know how they would fit. They make one type for a MIL-SPEC rear cutout and one for a Colt Series 70/80/90. Apparently one has a 0.330鈥 dovetail and the other (don鈥檛 ask me which is which) has a 0.322鈥 dovetail.

I just ordered a Walther 1911 Rail Gun, but I won鈥檛 have it for at least a week. Can you report back on the dovetail size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
If the LPA doesn鈥檛 work, you might have to get some Dawson fixed sights (look under their Colt section, NOT the Walther section) and get a different height front sight. You鈥檒l have to drift for windage.

Won鈥檛 completely help if you switch between cartridge brands and/or velocities, but should get you closer to 鈥渙n.鈥

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts