Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm an avid gun collector and years ago would have been happy owning just one PP or a PPK one day, well that didn't happen. lol
I just picked up my Manurhin, Walther from pawn sale jail and decided to post it with my meager collection of Walthers.
1. Manurhin PPK/S, .380, 1 mag in 95+% condition,
2. 1975 Walther PPK/S, 9mm kurz, 2 mags in 100% condition (unfired outside the factory),
3. 1966 Walther PP police trade-in, .765 in 95% condition, 3 mags, box (off by 1 digit in serial),
4. Alas, my S&W "POST" recall PPK/S, .380, 2 mags in 95+% condition.
And then the "obligatory" family shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The Walther / Manurhin PP collection is a wide field. I see that you do not have a .22 l.r. PP ( my personal favourite! ) and the PP Sport comes in different barrel lengths, too. There was even a "grey" PP made behind the Iron Curtain in the former GDR, the rare model 1001.

This is a photo of one of my PP Sports with a barrel weight that I have had machined for it and blued myself. Unfortunately I sold it to a hardcore Walther collector but have replaced it a while ago.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, because I'm not a fan of .22 at all, unless it's at the end of a .556 or .223 AR of course. lol
Seriously, I'd even pass on 100% PPK in .22 if it cam my way, unless it was "stupid" cheap and then I'd flip it for sure.
And that's say something, because I never sell any of my guns.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Congratulations. I've never found anything shootable at a pawn shop and envy those who appear to have good ones they can access.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I, on the other hand, enjoy rimfire handguns and consider them perfect training tools. I shoot all guns in my humble, yet wild accumulation of firearms and am not a friend of the .32 / .380 ACP; they are not great self defense cartridges, despite the fact that a great uncle used a .32 ACP succesfully for his protection in the wild 1930s and killed the assailant with one shot. The .32/.380 ACP is just a little too expensive for what they are offering me, who is predominantly a shooter, more than collector.

I have a cheap S&W 22A that my sons and I shot over 110,000 rounds through when they grew up. Imagine how much more I would have paid for 110,000 rounds of .32 ACP ammo! I would not have had the money left to collect Korths, maybe ... a very sad thought;).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I, on the other hand, enjoy rimfire handguns and consider them perfect training tools. I shoot all guns in my humble, yet wild accumulation of firearms and am not a friend of the .32 / .380 ACP; they are not great self defense cartridges, despite the fact that a great uncle used a .32 ACP succesfully for his protection in the wild 1930s and killed the assailant with one shot. The .32/.380 ACP is just a little too expensive for what they are offering me, who is predominantly a shooter, more than collector.

I have a cheap S&W 22A that my sons and I shot over 110,000 rounds through when they grew up. Imagine how much more I would have paid for 110,000 rounds of .32 ACP ammo! I would not have had the money left to collect Korths, maybe ... a very sad thought;).
Totally agree, everybody should be trained on the basics with nothing but a .22 for sure.
I personally just have no use for one myself, not knocking them at all, just no desire to have one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts