Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a used Walther CCP with all factory accessories and a holster.
Has a Serial #WK028XXX with a BF (2015)production code.
Needs some attention. Seller states it "does not cycle reliably". FTE/FTF issue?

Any recommendations on ammo? WWB? Perfecta? Federal? Brass, aluminum, steel?

For $100 I figure it's worth it.

I field stripped it and gave it a good cleaning and lube. Especially the gas tube.
Inspected, cleaned/lubed magazines.

Range Report:

The Walther CCP functioned admirably. More range time is needed before carrying though.
Shooting Federal Champion 115 gr. FMJ RN Brass ammo. 8-10 magazines run through, 8 rnd. each.
Quite accurate with the sights as is if not a little low. Will change to shorter front sight.

We had 1 fail to feed jam, nose dived round, 2nd round 2nd mag. Myself shooting.
We also had 2 instances of failure to hold open after last round. Wife was shooting both times.
Other than that no other issues. Overall a good $100 investment.
I did notice the gas tube area was starting to get warm before shooting the last magazine.

It arrived today,1/18/19, at Ft Smith for the recall. The email states repair times are running 5-7 business days.

Can't wait to get it back and run more rounds through it.
It may just get added to my carry rotation.

Reactions: Mandomom

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad you like your “new” CCP. I have the M2 version and couldn’t be happier. I have been running Winchester white box 115 grain through it when I first had it, I’ve tried several different brands and grains and the only thing it’s not crazy about is some cheap stuff we bought on line. The bullets have a greasy feel to them, so I will have to wipe off each one before use. I’ve even put reloads through it and it will just eat it like candy. I carry mine in a Vedder IWB holster and it is so comfortable I sometimes forget I have it on. No issues cleaning it either. Would like to hear about it more when you get it back from Walther.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A shout out to Walther Customer Service.

Printed out the RMA and added a note to look at the fail to feed and fail to hold open after last round issues.

Mailed it last Thursday, 1/17. Free overnight FedEx shipping.

Got an email Friday, 1/18, letting me know the gun was received and that repair times were running in the 5-7 day range.

Got notification that it shipped out today, 1/22, 2-Day Shipping, and should be here Thursday, 1/24.

So far great customer service.

Range report coming after I receive it back.

·
Registered
598 Posts
$100 is a good deal for sure. I hope it runs and runs for you. But I’ve never been much of a gamblin’ man so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts