Walther Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
He doesn't shoot them, Geo. He rules over them, and collects them for us to enjoy. As King Tanfoglio's astonishing collection continues to grow, He is merely preparing for the day when we can have a Greet and Shoot at His magical palace in Germany!

Yes! As of today, it appears there are 1,704 active Walther Forum members. Does our King has this many Walthers amassed yet? I lost count long ago, but I'll bet He is getting close! One Walther for each member to enjoy at Die super begrüßen und schießen von unseren kühnsten träumen... or The super greet & shoot of our wildest dreams.

*SNAP!* Oh, what a nice dream that was!

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
302 Posts
I knew this thread was here, but purposely didn't open it until I had a completely free morning on my hands. I've spent the last 3 hours reading, re-reading and savoring the pictures and contemplating what drives individuals like Tan to collect on such a scale. The answer... I haven't a clue! I am glad, however, that such individuals exist for they bring an ethic and order to life that few of us can even appreciate let alone emulate. Well done, König Tan, well done!

Puts me in mind of an Amateur Radio friend back east. Amateur radio was not his collection interest, Grandfathers/Grandmothers Clocks, and Leica Cameras were!

He claimed to have an example of virtually every Leica that had been made since their inception. His ongoing task was to find better exemplars for each model than he currently had. He had a standing order at his Leica dealer to automatically set aside every new offering by Leica for his pick-up. The collection also included all the lenses and accessories for each model. As a Leica enthusiast, it was a jaw dropping experience to be in his company.

Literally every room in his large house in suburban Philadelphia had multiple Grandfathers/Grandmothers clocks in them. To be in Frank's house when a new hour was struck was incredible. Allowing for the difficulty in synchronizing them all, from about 10 minutes to until 10 minutes after the hour, the whole house broke out in the programed chimes and striking sounds of the clocks.

Fortunately, he had a thriving dental practice in Philadelphia to support his passions.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
At the young age of 44, I finally figured out who I wanted to be when I grow up. Long Live The KING!

WOW

I would be like a Spider Monkey in that Vault, or a Squirrel... :D

121 - 131 of 131 Posts