Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am still a new member with a slowly growing collection of Walther Handguns.

I recently purchased a PPK/S at an auction and i am still waiting to take possession of it.

It comes with a blue Walther box with a fitted red interior for the PPK/S and 1 Magazine.

Can anyone give me any information on these style of boxes? like when they were produced and which models they were sold with?

Regards,

PJ

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Hi Pedro,

These presentation boxes were known before WWII (Walther/ZM) and also for guns made by Walther/Ulm. Different versions were known. Some examles =>

Waffensammlung
Waffensammlung

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the reply.

Were they the type of item only available with certain models or were they an item anyone could buy?

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
AfaIk these boxes were available as an accessories.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Thank you for the info.

I just need to wait till I get it then I can try and pin point yr of manufacture. I'm guessing it's early 70's

·
Registered
820 Posts
The post war Walther boxes with red interior varied as to quality. The earlier ones like shown in the first link above featured a hard cut interior with red lining. The box itself seemed to be of wood construction. Later presentation boxes featured a red lining but the backing was cheap foam. And the box itself was cheaply made with a poor latch, rather than the nickle plated one on the earlier boxes.

Reactions: Martin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sure the the box that has come with my PPK/S is a cheap post war box. It looks like it was originally for a PP, but its still better than a plastic box in my eyes.

I believe the PPK/S would be an early 70's model. I look forward to seeing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Magazine extension is not original. FEG or Beretta?

And yes. The PPK/S is just a PP combined w. a PPK slide, barrel, recoil spring. Why should Walther made one more version of their presentation boxes? ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Magazine extension is not original. FEG or Beretta?

And yes. The PPK/S is just a PP combined w. a PPK slide, barrel, recoil spring. Why should Walther made one more version of their presentation boxes? ;)
Exactly. You can't cater for them all. I will need to clean the little bit of surface rust off when I get it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After looking at some pictures it looks like the whole magazine isn't original. I'll have to look into that.

·
Registered
854 Posts
From the looks of the base plate/finger rest, I'd say it's one of those awful Triple K's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts