Walther Forums banner

Walther Arms

4K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  SanMateo 
#1 ·
Anyone getting any kind of response from the Walther Arms customer service?

#4 ·
I sent a message regarding my new Q4 SF optic plate. I received an email the next day providing me what to send them and within two days was informed a Trijicon optic plate and extra Mag was being shipped to me free of charge, it arrived three days later. Seems to be working on all cylinders to me.

keithwhite100

#5 ·
Yeah I agree with Thunderbird. Call, and get someone on the phone that will tell you. It is nice to have a paper trail in the case of something going belly up, but for service, call. They will take your information and rectify the issue. When I had the issues with my P99 a few years ago, complete turn around was a week.

#7 ·
This is one place where Ruger typically shines. I've never had need to deal with Walther. Most manufacturers and importers I've dealt with have been so-so. Some, like EAA, have been awful. Kel-Tec used to be great but not anymore. I hope things works out for you. Please keep us posted.

#10 ·
Right. The customer service for firearms is in Arkansas. The email and phone are on the main web page.

The Walther Arms Store is a separate outfit for other merchandise. Seems like a sub-contractor, or whatever. They are in WI from what I see at shop.waltherarms.com

The main CS at Ft. Smith AR has always been super in my experience.

Dave

#11 ·
Getting back to my original post. Called on June 7. They could not find the mounting plate being sent and no record of a tracking number. I was told on 5/29 email that I would receive an email with the tracking info. No email received. Have not received an email with tracking number regarding phone call on June 7 .I can only guess when I might receive the mounting plate.

#13 ·
The ongoing story of the rare and elusive Burris Mounting Plate. As of Friday, June 12 ,no plate so I called Walther again. Spoke to a customer service rep, explained the situation. Was told by them that they would overnight the plate by FEDEX and I would receive it this morning, June 13 and I would receive an email with tracking info. Well it is 6:00 pm and no plate. Oh, the email with the tracking number says it will be delivered by 8:00 pm on Tuesday, June 16.That is one long overnight.
I understand that the part is free of charge, but if you are offering something follow through on your part of the deal. I am not sure if this is a sad comedy of errors or a funny comedy of errors. How difficult is it to walk into the warehouse, pickup a part that is approximately 1" by 1 1/2" by 1/4", put it in envelope, address it and put a stamp on it?
I am not mad or bitter, just disappointed in the customer service that is/is not provided by most companies today.

#16 ·
Filled out online form, waited 10 days without response. Called and got through in about 10 minutes. My new Q4 TALO comes with 3 17 round mags with black aluminum base plates. Two of the base plates have obviously been dropped and had the finish chipped. Could see the bare aluminum shining through and one spot even had a sharp edge. Explained to the CS person, asked about exchange or buying new ones (currently NA on site) and was told to mail them to Walther in Arkansas. So I am supposed to go down to one functioning mag for my Q4, which only work with Walther aluminum base plates due to magwell.

This being my first time contacting Walther CS I'm less than impressed. Could have charged me for 2, sent them to me, then issue refund when I mail my damaged one back. Could have offered discount on new mags ($80 each) and I would have purchased some. If this is normal I am souring on Walther as a company.

#19 ·
Filled out online form, waited 10 days without response. Called and got through in about 10 minutes. My new Q4 TALO comes with 3 17 round mags with black aluminum base plates. Two of the base plates have obviously been dropped and had the finish chipped. Could see the bare aluminum shining through and one spot even had a sharp edge. Explained to the CS person, asked about exchange or buying new ones (currently NA on site) and was told to mail them to Walther in Arkansas. So I am supposed to go down to one functioning mag for my Q4, which only work with Walther aluminum base plates due to magwell.

This being my first time contacting Walther CS I'm less than impressed. Could have charged me for 2, sent them to me, then issue refund when I mail my damaged one back. Could have offered discount on new mags ($80 each) and I would have purchased some. If this is normal I am souring on Walther as a company.
I have had mag issues with a few other brands. They all seem to follow this policy.

#23 ·
You certainly enjoy the anonymity of the internet.
The gun was perfectly fine. Two of the three mags in the case has minor damage on them. One felt more than seen due to the sharp edge. Since the gun was fine, and guns are getting more and more difficult to locate I accepted the purchase. The mags function, I knew the damage would not cause any functional problems. In a perfect world (must be where you live) I could have declined it and requested a re-order and waited several days for the replacement to arrive and hopefully between the two get 3 flawless mags. That isn't an option these days. To add to the issue no off the shelf mags will work in this gun. Even if I wanted to send the base plates in I would essentially be without the gun until I get something back. I bought it to shoot not to sit in the safe. I am keeping the magwell in place which requires the aluminum base plate plus the Walther interaction I simply won't buy the base plates from Walther. I've already installed a Springer Precision extension which will work on all of my PPQs. The Springer Precision also holds more rounds and costs less than Walther wants. My base plate decision is made, if only I didn't have to deal with internet know-it-all yayhoos. Wait, I don't.

#30 ·
No issues so far. loads and feeds perfectly. If you order one a piece of advice, the packaging has a set screw and allen wrench with the base. This is a SPARE set screw. The base already has one installed. Slip the base on the mag and unscrew the set screw enough to hold the lip in place. Keep the spare and the allen screw. No instructions come explaining this and mine has the set screw in so deep as to not be obvious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.