Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your story doesn't sound right. If you saw the the damage before you bought them, why did you buy them? Sounds like you dropped them and you are trying to get them to replace them.
You certainly enjoy the anonymity of the internet.
The gun was perfectly fine. Two of the three mags in the case has minor damage on them. One felt more than seen due to the sharp edge. Since the gun was fine, and guns are getting more and more difficult to locate I accepted the purchase. The mags function, I knew the damage would not cause any functional problems. In a perfect world (must be where you live) I could have declined it and requested a re-order and waited several days for the replacement to arrive and hopefully between the two get 3 flawless mags. That isn't an option these days. To add to the issue no off the shelf mags will work in this gun. Even if I wanted to send the base plates in I would essentially be without the gun until I get something back. I bought it to shoot not to sit in the safe. I am keeping the magwell in place which requires the aluminum base plate plus the Walther interaction I simply won't buy the base plates from Walther. I've already installed a Springer Precision extension which will work on all of my PPQs. The Springer Precision also holds more rounds and costs less than Walther wants. My base plate decision is made, if only I didn't have to deal with internet know-it-all yayhoos. Wait, I don't.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
You certainly enjoy the anonymity of the internet.
The gun was perfectly fine. Two of the three mags in the case has minor damage on them. One felt more than seen due to the sharp edge. Since the gun was fine, and guns are getting more and more difficult to locate I accepted the purchase. The mags function, I knew the damage would not cause any functional problems. In a perfect world (must be where you live) I could have declined it and requested a re-order and waited several days for the replacement to arrive and hopefully between the two get 3 flawless mags. That isn't an option these days. To add to the issue no off the shelf mags will work in this gun. Even if I wanted to send the base plates in I would essentially be without the gun until I get something back. I bought it to shoot not to sit in the safe. I am keeping the magwell in place which requires the aluminum base plate plus the Walther interaction I simply won't buy the base plates from Walther. I've already installed a Springer Precision extension which will work on all of my PPQs. The Springer Precision also holds more rounds and costs less than Walther wants. My base plate decision is made, if only I didn't have to deal with internet know-it-all yayhoos. Wait, I don't.
San Mateo. That Springer Precision mag extension, does it come with different mag spring or does it work with the stock spring?

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
It looks like Springer makes a baseplate and an extended tube. Extended tube looks like it is designed to be used with an extra power spring???

Its not clear to me if just changing the baseplate brings any capacity benefits???

·
Registered
10 Posts
San Mateo. That Springer Precision mag extension, does it come with different mag spring or does it work with the stock spring?
The price includes the extra power spring so I installed it. You can decline the extra power spring and save $7 I think.

oldfart I love my Q5 poly, got it 3 years ago as the first gun I ever saw with factory plates for red dots. But your image has the Walther/TF style magewell. Mine has the baby magwell found on the steel frame pro models. Mine is listed as PPQ Q4 Tac Talo

·
Premium Member
13,554 Posts
The price includes the extra power spring so I installed it. You can decline the extra power spring and save $7 I think.

oldfart I love my Q5 poly, got it 3 years ago as the first gun I ever saw with factory plates for red dots. But your image has the Walther/TF style magewell. Mine has the baby magwell found on the steel frame pro models. Mine is listed as PPQ Q4 Tac Talo
View attachment 92981
Yep, when I purchased those magwells the new style wasn't available yet. But, with a little whacking, grinding, sanding on a Walther 17 round baseplate, I could make it fit with the new style magwell....same goes for the Sig 20 rounder...just have to modify the sleeve a little.

On the left is a Sig P226 20 rounder with a kydex sleeve. I did have to modify the sleeve a little bit to make it work with the magwell. On the right is a Walther 17 rounder. I removed some material from the front/top edge of the baseplate and did a little filling and skulpting.....looks almost factory. They insert and 'click' in and drop like any other mag.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts

View attachment 92981
Thanks for your response. I don't have the magwell but it looks like there is a version set up for that.

Are yours working out well from a reliability standpoint?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No issues so far. loads and feeds perfectly. If you order one a piece of advice, the packaging has a set screw and allen wrench with the base. This is a SPARE set screw. The base already has one installed. Slip the base on the mag and unscrew the set screw enough to hold the lip in place. Keep the spare and the allen screw. No instructions come explaining this and mine has the set screw in so deep as to not be obvious.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts