Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone getting any kind of response from the Walther Arms customer service?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sent them an email on 5/25 about getting a mounting plate for a Burris Fastfire. Got a response on 5/25, on 5/29 receive email plate is on its way. Sent an email 6/5 regarding when to expect delivery. Have heard nothing back. Seems getting answers is hit and miss.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I sent a message regarding my new Q4 SF optic plate. I received an email the next day providing me what to send them and within two days was informed a Trijicon optic plate and extra Mag was being shipped to me free of charge, it arrived three days later. Seems to be working on all cylinders to me.

keithwhite100

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yeah I agree with Thunderbird. Call, and get someone on the phone that will tell you. It is nice to have a paper trail in the case of something going belly up, but for service, call. They will take your information and rectify the issue. When I had the issues with my P99 a few years ago, complete turn around was a week.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
I tend to call Walther CS when I need something.

Just seems I've had a few emails to Walther CS get dropped. That was a year or two ago. Maybe they've tightened things up since then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is one place where Ruger typically shines. I've never had need to deal with Walther. Most manufacturers and importers I've dealt with have been so-so. Some, like EAA, have been awful. Kel-Tec used to be great but not anymore. I hope things works out for you. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I emailed them for a knock down tool form a CCP and got a reply the next day. Then the tool came in a week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I'm talking about the wrong place, I bought some stuff from the Walther Arms store in WI apparently. Calling I get a VM saying COVID send email. Nothing so far either way

·
Registered
492 Posts
Right. The customer service for firearms is in Arkansas. The email and phone are on the main web page.

The Walther Arms Store is a separate outfit for other merchandise. Seems like a sub-contractor, or whatever. They are in WI from what I see at shop.waltherarms.com

The main CS at Ft. Smith AR has always been super in my experience.

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting back to my original post. Called on June 7. They could not find the mounting plate being sent and no record of a tracking number. I was told on 5/29 email that I would receive an email with the tracking info. No email received. Have not received an email with tracking number regarding phone call on June 7 .I can only guess when I might receive the mounting plate.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Getting back to my original post. Called on June 7. They could not find the mounting plate being sent and no record of a tracking number. I was told on 5/29 email that I would receive an email with the tracking info. No email received. Have not received an email with tracking number regarding phone call on June 7 .I can only guess when I might receive the mounting plate.
Stating the obvious but it sounds like another call is in order.

I too had to call a couple of times to get the optics mounting plate for my latest Q5 Match acquisition. This played out over the last couple of weeks.

Perhaps they are a bit busier than usual lately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The ongoing story of the rare and elusive Burris Mounting Plate. As of Friday, June 12 ,no plate so I called Walther again. Spoke to a customer service rep, explained the situation. Was told by them that they would overnight the plate by FEDEX and I would receive it this morning, June 13 and I would receive an email with tracking info. Well it is 6:00 pm and no plate. Oh, the email with the tracking number says it will be delivered by 8:00 pm on Tuesday, June 16.That is one long overnight.
I understand that the part is free of charge, but if you are offering something follow through on your part of the deal. I am not sure if this is a sad comedy of errors or a funny comedy of errors. How difficult is it to walk into the warehouse, pickup a part that is approximately 1" by 1 1/2" by 1/4", put it in envelope, address it and put a stamp on it?
I am not mad or bitter, just disappointed in the customer service that is/is not provided by most companies today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Filled out online form, waited 10 days without response. Called and got through in about 10 minutes. My new Q4 TALO comes with 3 17 round mags with black aluminum base plates. Two of the base plates have obviously been dropped and had the finish chipped. Could see the bare aluminum shining through and one spot even had a sharp edge. Explained to the CS person, asked about exchange or buying new ones (currently NA on site) and was told to mail them to Walther in Arkansas. So I am supposed to go down to one functioning mag for my Q4, which only work with Walther aluminum base plates due to magwell.

This being my first time contacting Walther CS I'm less than impressed. Could have charged me for 2, sent them to me, then issue refund when I mail my damaged one back. Could have offered discount on new mags ($80 each) and I would have purchased some. If this is normal I am souring on Walther as a company.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Filled out online form, waited 10 days without response. Called and got through in about 10 minutes. My new Q4 TALO comes with 3 17 round mags with black aluminum base plates. Two of the base plates have obviously been dropped and had the finish chipped. Could see the bare aluminum shining through and one spot even had a sharp edge. Explained to the CS person, asked about exchange or buying new ones (currently NA on site) and was told to mail them to Walther in Arkansas. So I am supposed to go down to one functioning mag for my Q4, which only work with Walther aluminum base plates due to magwell.

This being my first time contacting Walther CS I'm less than impressed. Could have charged me for 2, sent them to me, then issue refund when I mail my damaged one back. Could have offered discount on new mags ($80 each) and I would have purchased some. If this is normal I am souring on Walther as a company.
I have had mag issues with a few other brands. They all seem to follow this policy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your story doesn't sound right. If you saw the the damage before you bought them, why did you buy them? Sounds like you dropped them and you are trying to get them to replace them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts