Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mark,
Any chance to bring the original PPK pistol design into the American market? Maybe even get some classic brown grips? Maybe a "classic" release?
Thanks for your time here tonight?

~John

One of the many benefits of me being here tonight as I learn what you guys like and want. As I said...can't talk about new product intentions, but this confirms and disclaims things we may believe.....we are looking at expanding our line, make us different and finding new ways to keep you guys interested...no plans right now for the original...but product development is happening right now...good new products to come by next SHOT Show

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mark,
I ordered some stuff from S&W and it's never showed up. Should I continue to check with them? Is there a section on line to order Walther parts that I have missed?
DennisG

·
Registered
30 Posts
One of the many benefits of me being here tonight as I learn what you guys like and want. As I said...can't talk about new product intentions, but this confirms and disclaims things we may believe.....we are looking at expanding our line, make us different and finding new ways to keep you guys interested...no plans right now for the original...but product development is happening right now...good new products to come by next SHOT Show
So a decent chance in the future of going back to the original beavertail design? I would much prefer that but don't think I can wait a year to get my new PPK..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mark,
I ordered some stuff from S&W and it's never showed up. Should I continue to check with them? Is there a section on line to order Walther parts that I have missed?
DennisG
Dennis...since you ordered it from them...you have to keep checking with them. We will have parts and other things up on the ecommerce site upcoming in future weeks..not sure when. They will be on the ecommerce section. If emergency, try our customer service but no guarantee we have everything you need.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Need specific causes of recall.

The recall is clearly stated on our website and I am happy to report we are almost caught up from the back log. Here’s the issue.
Walther has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger is pulled, despite engagement of the manual safety. Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled.
Mark:
These are the general statements that have been posted for six months.
But we want the specific causes of the problem with the safety.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mark,
Has Carl Walther GmbH expressed any interest in importing the P99Q to the U.S.A. market?

Gotta tell you, the great thing about Walther is that they listen and are really listening to us...worked for several other foreign companies and they failed not to listen to our market.....we work very closely and very well wtih our German counterparts. THe P99Q is a great gun and popular in Europe...we are shaping our 2014 offering right now and will finalize this summer. Not trying to be evasive...but it is like a jigsaw puzzle on what can we do well, serve all our customers well, produce the most and most profitable while not sacrificing quality.......

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Mark. Thanks for all the info. My question concerns the new PPK/S 22. There
has been some concern expressed here over the materials used. Could you tell
us what the pistol is made of and what the expected service life would be?

BTW: I have one and have fired about 1400 rounds through it so far - and I like it.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Mark, first off thank you very much for this opportunity.

I just want to say that if/when a P99 or PPQ is offered in .45 ACP, I intend to be first in line for one.

My question about any future .45 offering is, will there be a compact version?

I'd really like a smaller 45 solution.

Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sounds like 2014 will be a big year for Walther? Some new "concept" cars, I mean firearms may be on display at the ShOT show? A.45ACP?;)
DennisG

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mark, first off thank you very much for this opportunity.

I just want to say that if/when a P99 or PPQ is offered in .45 ACP, I intend to be first in line for one.

My question about any future .45 offering is, will there be a compact version?

I'd really like a smaller 45 solution.

Thanks.
Hope there are many behind you..;)....I started a post on .45s....I encourage you to post your thoughts....we learn alot whether we pursue or not.....Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sounds like 2014 will be a big year for Walther? Some new "concept" cars, I mean firearms may be on display at the ShOT show? A.45ACP?;)
DennisG
Last I checked....still America....plead the fifth...LOL Yes new products at SHOT and exciting ones......all I can reveal. So you know, regardless of who is making them...normal time to market is over 2 years.....some quicker...but most are longer. We test thoroughly because we know the seriousness of our products....slows things down....but for the better.

Can you tell...I started out in PR?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mark, another question regarding the new PPK/S .22. Just to clarify post #22, is it manufactured in Ulm or Arnsberg or someplace else? Any idea when additional magazines will be available?

Thanks for all the helpful info this evening!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
You're doing great, Mark. Thanks again for taking the time to be here. Can you tell us anything about the Ulm plant vs. the Koln plant? Is the quality difference that we see just because of the firearm (PPQ/Ulm vs. P22/Koln, for example), or is there a difference in the plants themselves? This is an oft-discussed issue on the forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mark, another question regarding the new PPK/S .22. Just to clarify post #22, is it manufactured in Ulm or Arnsberg or someplace else? Any idea when additional magazines will be available?

Thanks for all the helpful info this evening!
All our .22 LR production is in Arnsberg...along with the PK 380....which also includes our tactical rimfire replicas for Colt, HK and UZI.....Magazines are like the rest and worse with new guns....short in supply....making them as fast as we can.....wish I had better news. Indications from the IWA show in Germany two weeks ago are that the entire industry is beginning to catch up and get some supply...we are all waiting and seeing...just like ammo

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
We test thoroughly because we know the seriousness of our products....slows things down....but for the better.
And this, right here, is why I have ended up a Walther guy. Quality.

Sacrificing quality for quantity is the sure road to mediocrity.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You're doing great, Mark. Thanks again for taking the time to be here. Can you tell us anything about the Ulm plant vs. the Koln plant? Is the quality difference that we see just because of the firearm (PPQ/Ulm vs. P22/Koln, for example), or is there a difference in the plants themselves? This is an oft-discussed issue on the forum. Thanks.
Thanks to you my friend...for helping put this together. Not a great expert on the two factories...Ulm is large and much newer...but the specs, testing, processes, materials are to spec....of course the machines are different due to the different guns. What is interesting is the apprenticeship to get on the floor and actually make guns is years...these are still craftsmen..who care about what they do. I know there are differences in opinion on quality and equate that to where it is made...but that is not normally due to location.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mark,
First thank you again for taking time to be here tonight. that shows real concern for your customers and we appreciate it.
Second, I am and have been a big fan of the PP. I have a PP, a PPK, and a PPK/S and have to say I like the PP best of all. However, I am planning on buying myself a new carry gun . Maybe even a 9mm or 40 S&W. What would you say is currently the best carry gun offered by Walther ?
Thank you,
Al

41 - 60 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.