Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. My name is Roger from Sweden ,
I would be very glad if some of you clever guys could help me out with this .
I have an old Walther Nitro 22 LR semi auto rifle model 1 or 2 ?.
how can I see the difference? maybe on the stamps?
What I have heard,its maybe from the time of 40s or 50s.

On the left side of the pipe there is a sign:Nitro, and a Crown stamp with a "N".
On the right side there is 3 separate crowns with one letter under each crown :B-G-U, and under all that it is stamped: 54r/?

Hope you can help me out. I would like to upload a photo or so, but I don't know how to do, :) thank's

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks . I think now after seaching that I have the model 2. Does any know what years they made model 2 ? . Regards Roger

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yes that is a Model 2 with the addition of a very large scope. The production ran from the 1930s though the early war years. Your rifle should have a proof on the receiver: crowm over N indicates it was produced and proofed before January 15, 1940. Eagle over N, after that date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your answer. Now I know more than I can wish for.
I was pleased and a little surprised that it was so old. I'm happy with it and it works very well. I got it for 100 dollar and i think that was a nice price. Many thanks //Roger

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks for your answer. Now I know more than I can wish for.
I was pleased and a little surprised that it was so old. I'm happy with it and it works very well. I got it for 100 dollar and i think that was a nice price. Many thanks //Roger
A very nice price Roger. Careful with the magazine. They are VERY hard to come by. And be careful with your choice of ammo when using the semi-auto mode. I had a bolt break off using .22 lr ammo in the semi auto mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help needed to repair or replace model 2 breach

A very nice price Roger. Careful with the magazine. They are VERY hard to come by. And be careful with your choice of ammo when using the semi-auto mode. I had a bolt break off using .22 lr ammo in the semi auto mode.

Hi Joe, I have just had the same thing happen, breaking the left guide of the breach. What did you do to repair your's.
Cheers
Shane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts