Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Where's the bushing that fits between the spring and the frame seat?

Have you looked at an exploded view drawing?

M

P.S. You're also in the PK380 forum, not the PPK forum. They are not the same gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[

Understand I am not in the right forum read it to quick. It sits on the little lip in the pictures. Having trouble remembering how it went and I tried to look and see if there was a schematic. Maybe u can help me out. Looking for anything.

QUOTE=MGMike;1235650]Where's the bushing that fits between the spring and the frame seat?

Have you looked at an exploded view drawing?

M

P.S. You're also in the PK380 forum, not the PPK forum. They are not the same gun.

Hope this helps

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Actually Joey's gun, being Ranger-made, does not have a part #307, and I am in error.

Unlike the European PPK, Ranger guns with investment cast frames do not have a detachable mainspring seat. The mainspring also does not have a bushing (I was thinking of other guns). The mainspring seats directly into a countersink in the top of an integral abutment on the rear of the PPK frame, visible in both of his photos.

To insert the mainspring (i.e., the hammer spring) it either has to be compressed onto the hammer strut and then swung into place, or the hammer axle must be removed, the spring put in place, then the hammer pushed down to compress the spring until the axle can be replaced. Unless you have a padded bench vise (and properly support the frame to keep from crushing it) it's one of those three-hand jobs.

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts