Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Walther Pp serial number 343108, It has JW1605 on the front strap and is a Manurhin marked gun (left side of slide). Gun has C.A.T. GEORGIA VT. on the right side of frame below the barrel. There is a shield looking stamp above the serial number and on the barrel in port area which also has another stamp I cannot make out. Serial number is also scratched on the inside of the slide. Gun has deep blue finish only very slight wear on each side of muzzle (99 % ) and no other wear or cosmetic damage. Year of manufacture, approximate value, and any other info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have a Manhurin that has JW2127 in the 39 serial range. Mine was dated around 69/70.

JW = Justizwache (law enforcement agency, part of Austrian Justice), 1605 = inventory number.

Reactions: jesdog

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have a Walther Pp serial number 343108, It has JW1605 on the front strap and is a Manurhin marked gun (left side of slide). Gun has C.A.T. GEORGIA VT. on the right side of frame below the barrel. There is a shield looking stamp above the serial number and on the barrel in port area which also has another stamp I cannot make out. .....
The serial places your PP in 1963/64.

The importer stamp is not C.A.T., but C.A.I. for Century Arms International.

The two shield-type stamps are the French proof marks.

The gun may or may not have a small Austrian eagle acceptance mark next to the magazine button; earlier Austrian police PP's have it, but later guns often don't.

The Justizwache is the uniformed Austrian correctional service, working under the Ministry of Justice. These days they carry the Glock 17 (of course :))

As for value, these aren't rare, so condition matters. A wild guess might be 400 to 500.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I paid $500 for mine at a gunshow. One mag, some wear on the bluing at the front of the slide around the barrel. Other than than, it's perfect. One SWEET shooting gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts