Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
3,500 is a good starting point. That seems to be the average for good conditioned engraved (actual) pieces at this time and you have the box and paperwork to match, which many do not.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Be careful if you decide to sell the pistol.In 5 years it will probably be worth double what you sell for today.That is an investment and a money maker in the future.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Need more pictures of both sides and any fine details that need to be identified. Based on the one photo that you provided, it appears pretty worn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for looking. I know my photo skills are not very good. It may be glare or just me but this gun is as new. I don’t think it’s ever been fired outside of factory. But here goes a couple more pictures. But thanks again and I appreciate your help. If these aren’t good I’ll try again later

·
Registered
629 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I keep waiting on what the resident engraving expert has to say about that lovely PP.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks for looking. I know my photo skills are not very good. It may be glare or just me but this gun is as new. I don’t think it’s ever been fired outside of factory. But here goes a couple more pictures. But thanks again and I appreciate your help. If these aren’t good I’ll try again later

I think the previous comment about condition was meant for the PPK shown by Slingback1, not for your nicely engraved PP.

Yours is a very nice example of post war engraving. What are the proofs on the chamber port? Here are two examples showing the larger post war engraving Walther provided.These guns were from the huge collection sold in Germany this past May.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Fhlevi, you have to realize that the photos you are posting are very small file size. Less than 100kb. They can't be enlarged much to view details. The proof is illegible in your photo.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It's the mark of the Saint-Etienne proof house in France; it's the usual proof mark for a Walther Mark II.

So the engraving was done in France by Manurhin as the boxed is marked in French gravé meaning engraved.

Reactions: pilkguns
1 - 20 of 24 Posts