Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
3,403 Posts
Just one question. Why the 32cal vs the 380?
From reading this forum over time the following themes appear:

The .32 is the cartridge the PP series was designed around. Due to that, the .32acp guns are seen as generally more reliable than their .380 brethren.

Some people find the 380acp recoil unpleasant in the PPK and PPKs.

Some people just enjoy the .32acp cartridge.

·
Administrator
3,403 Posts
I can actually answer those, but I don’t work for Walther but I have asked all of the same questions to Bret Vorhees - the senior product manager for Walther USA.

1). P99- steady as she goes. The last I heard was that they plan to continue the current offering of the P99 in full sized and compact offerings. I do not know of any plans to upgrade it.

2). Pk380- pk 380 will move over to the CCP platform with an introduction of a CCP 380 which will have a tool less take down.

3). No, not at this time, 10 mm is still a pretty niche cartridge.

4). New Steel Frame platforms are in the works and I would expect to see them by 3rd quarter.

Now, and I want to re-iterate, I am not speaking for Bret or anyone else at Walther. This is just paraphrasing a series of conversations that I have had over a period of time with Bret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response. You may not be speaking for Walther officially but you seem to have a pretty inside track on what's happening. That sort of info is always appreciated.

Is there any thing you can share about the PPK? What's going on there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.