Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Like others have said, my questions would be:

1) What is the future of the P99
2) Is there any upgrade in store for PK380
3) Will there be a 10mm Walther (in any configuration)
4) Are there going to be more Steel Frame pistols coming?
I can actually answer those, but I don’t work for Walther but I have asked all of the same questions to Bret Vorhees - the senior product manager for Walther USA.

1). P99- steady as she goes. The last I heard was that they plan to continue the current offering of the P99 in full sized and compact offerings. I do not know of any plans to upgrade it.

2). Pk380- pk 380 will move over to the CCP platform with an introduction of a CCP 380 which will have a tool less take down.

3). No, not at this time, 10 mm is still a pretty niche cartridge.

4). New Steel Frame platforms are in the works and I would expect to see them by 3rd quarter.

Now, and I want to re-iterate, I am not speaking for Bret or anyone else at Walther. This is just paraphrasing a series of conversations that I have had over a period of time with Bret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
As far as I know, PPK is only coming out in .380.

Mike, CCP’s initial issues were based on poor QC and that weird take down procedure. Both items have been rectified. .380 is going to be the next evolution of the CCP. The PK 380 is getting long in the tooth as far as gun designs go, and ergonomically, the CCP has it beat. The CCP has already proven itself to be fantastically popular with people looking for that type of handgun (small, lightweight, easy to rack).

Put your derision on a shelf for a moment and really consider this. If you look at what the CCP does, and compare it agains the PK380. It makes MORE sense to have a CCP in .380 than in 9mm. Both guns are built in Arnsberg, so you can’t talk about “real Walthers” or any of that stuff. When you look that most .380’s are straight blowback, putting the softcoil system on it makes sense. The CCP in .380 will be a better gun that it is in 9mm.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I am not as skeptical as the both of you, I have had two CCP’s and never had an issue with either...

But you guys asked and I told you what I was told. Don’t freakin shoot the messenger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.