Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gun club is having Walter and Daniel Defense demos Saturday. Any questions you would like me to ask the rep?

I am unfamiliar with Daniel Defense although my older son indicated they manufacture a number of excellent A/R products. I have never owned or fired an A/R firearm so I thought it would be interesting to visit their booth. Their site certainly has a number of interesting products and accessories....along with sticker shock! The product descriptions make their firearms sound like high end quality which probably accounts for some of the pricing.

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/caliber/daniel-defenser-ddm4v7p.html

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Before going to the gun club this morning I wanted to check both Walther US and German sites. I was surprised to discover both P99's....full size and compact represented. Both appear on the law enforcement portal and my real surprise is that they apparently have a new model....the P99Q. I will still ask if there are any plans to discontinue but with the addition of the Q that appears to not be in play. They do not list the PPS or PPK on the German site?

https://www.carl-walther.com/portals/police.html

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As far as I know, PPK is only coming out in .380. CCP’s initial issues were based on poor QC and that weird take down procedure. Both items have been rectified. .380 is going to be the next evolution of the CCP.
When I asked about the possibility of either the PK or PPK/PPK-S being converted to 32cal the Walther rep did say that the PPK was and will remain a 380 cal. He added that 380 sales have been very slow for quite some time.

EK...I would disagree regarding the basis for CCP issues. Both the striker and striker spring were a mess and the rear lockdown was dismal and potentially dangerous.. I would certainly call those as design and materials failures.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I am not as skeptical as the both of you, I have had two CCP’s and never had an issue with either... But you guys asked and I told you what I was told. Don’t freakin shoot the messenger.
Ek....no intention to shoot anyone. Just expressing my observations, opinion and incidents described by a number of owners in the main CCP thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.