Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I have my doubts as to the end of the P99 series' production. The gun has too much demand in Europe by agencies.

Then again, I'm just an ole country boy in the middle of a frozen wasteland in north missouri, who thinks winter sucks because it's putting a serious damper on my shooting.

I'd be on board for a .32 PPK....the .380 doesn't do Jack Schitt for me. :D

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Just one question. Why the 32cal vs the 380?
Some of us think the .380 is a useless caliber. Specifically, myself.

You may as well carry a 9mm. It's no more difficult to conceal a PPS or a CCP than a PPK, and the recoil impulse on the PPS is no greater than that of the PPK .380.

Or at least my right hand and arm tell ME.

It's all fine and good that there are tons of people who live the caliber....god bless 'em.

To me though...hard pass. I've got one blowback .380, and coupled with the shortcomings of that particular gun's horrid trigger, it makes a glock look beautiful, if not in appearance, then feel.

"IT" being a Sniff & Wipe'em BG .380.

I know, I know, it's not a PPK....

The rub is however, I've shot the PPK as well, and feel roughly the same about it. To back that up, I wouldn't buy a .32 PPK without having the wherewithal to shoot it first.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I saw awhile back there was going to be a .380 CCP
(the pertinent info was posted here in that leaked "price releae" thingamuhjig..)

While I can appreciate the reduced recoil and racking forces of a slim 9mm...why would anyone want or need the same sized in in a marginally less powerful cartridge?

I mean...did Walther NOT offer the PPQ SC in .40 for that very reason?

But I'm the guy still loving on the 2013 made PPS that has had a replaced striker spring retainer because I dry fired the piss out of it, so...I know nothing about CCPs, .380, and the PPK/S.

Other than that the PPK guns are handsome, save for that hideous beaver tail, but I still won't buy one, 'less it comes by way of a checkmark on the test target in the .32 box. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.