Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Like others have said, my questions would be:

1) What is the future of the P99
2) Is there any upgrade in store for PK380
3) Will there be a 10mm Walther (in any configuration)
4) Are there going to be more Steel Frame pistols coming?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am not as skeptical as the both of you, I have had two CCP’s and never had an issue with either...

But you guys asked and I told you what I was told. Don’t freakin shoot the messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I'm kind of disappointed to learn that the PK380 is due to phase out into a .380 CCP. I don't doubt that many users have had no issue with their CCP's. I can understand why they might want to soften the recoil of a 9mm, but there's clearly simpler ways of having an easy-to-manipulate and soft recoiling pistol in .380ACP.

I agree the PK380 is a little long in the tooth, but I just don't think a CCP .380 will compete well with the S&W Shield .380 EZ. I've fired a few CCP's in 9mm but don't own any. For me it was more of a curiosity, but I don't see a lot of them in the cases at the LGS these days. Maybe they're really two totally different market segments, but I think S&W successfully tapped an underserved market segment with their .380 Shield and in my mind, the only competitor in the neighborhood was the aging PK380.

On another note, glad that the P99 is still on the roster from what you have heard! I look forward to hear what the OP reports from his interaction with the Walther rep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.