Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gun club is having Walter and Daniel Defense demos Saturday. Any questions you would like me to ask the rep?

I am unfamiliar with Daniel Defense although my older son indicated they manufacture a number of excellent A/R products. I have never owned or fired an A/R firearm so I thought it would be interesting to visit their booth. Their site certainly has a number of interesting products and accessories....along with sticker shock! The product descriptions make their firearms sound like high end quality which probably accounts for some of the pricing.

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/caliber/daniel-defenser-ddm4v7p.html

·
Registered
202 Posts
Like others have said, my questions would be:

1) What is the future of the P99
2) Is there any upgrade in store for PK380
3) Will there be a 10mm Walther (in any configuration)
4) Are there going to be more Steel Frame pistols coming?

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I have my doubts as to the end of the P99 series' production. The gun has too much demand in Europe by agencies.

Then again, I'm just an ole country boy in the middle of a frozen wasteland in north missouri, who thinks winter sucks because it's putting a serious damper on my shooting.

I'd be on board for a .32 PPK....the .380 doesn't do Jack Schitt for me. :D

·
Administrator
3,404 Posts
Just one question. Why the 32cal vs the 380?
From reading this forum over time the following themes appear:

The .32 is the cartridge the PP series was designed around. Due to that, the .32acp guns are seen as generally more reliable than their .380 brethren.

Some people find the 380acp recoil unpleasant in the PPK and PPKs.

Some people just enjoy the .32acp cartridge.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Just one question. Why the 32cal vs the 380?
Some of us think the .380 is a useless caliber. Specifically, myself.

You may as well carry a 9mm. It's no more difficult to conceal a PPS or a CCP than a PPK, and the recoil impulse on the PPS is no greater than that of the PPK .380.

Or at least my right hand and arm tell ME.

It's all fine and good that there are tons of people who live the caliber....god bless 'em.

To me though...hard pass. I've got one blowback .380, and coupled with the shortcomings of that particular gun's horrid trigger, it makes a glock look beautiful, if not in appearance, then feel.

"IT" being a Sniff & Wipe'em BG .380.

I know, I know, it's not a PPK....

The rub is however, I've shot the PPK as well, and feel roughly the same about it. To back that up, I wouldn't buy a .32 PPK without having the wherewithal to shoot it first.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Before going to the gun club this morning I wanted to check both Walther US and German sites. I was surprised to discover both P99's....full size and compact represented. Both appear on the law enforcement portal and my real surprise is that they apparently have a new model....the P99Q. I will still ask if there are any plans to discontinue but with the addition of the Q that appears to not be in play. They do not list the PPS or PPK on the German site?

https://www.carl-walther.com/portals/police.html

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I will also go along with Redcat, Halfmoonclip and Moonwolf’s suggestion about the .32 Auto.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Like others have said, my questions would be:

1) What is the future of the P99
2) Is there any upgrade in store for PK380
3) Will there be a 10mm Walther (in any configuration)
4) Are there going to be more Steel Frame pistols coming?
I can actually answer those, but I don’t work for Walther but I have asked all of the same questions to Bret Vorhees - the senior product manager for Walther USA.

1). P99- steady as she goes. The last I heard was that they plan to continue the current offering of the P99 in full sized and compact offerings. I do not know of any plans to upgrade it.

2). Pk380- pk 380 will move over to the CCP platform with an introduction of a CCP 380 which will have a tool less take down.

3). No, not at this time, 10 mm is still a pretty niche cartridge.

4). New Steel Frame platforms are in the works and I would expect to see them by 3rd quarter.

Now, and I want to re-iterate, I am not speaking for Bret or anyone else at Walther. This is just paraphrasing a series of conversations that I have had over a period of time with Bret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.