Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bored.....nothing to do.....so I thought I'd see if I could do a little whackin' and make a 17 round mag fit with the flared magwell. I whacked :D it worked :D

So, the Match is using a Sig P226 20 round mag, while the PPQ 5" is using the modified/skulpted 17 rounder.

Still works in a pistol without the flared magwell.

Come on' Walther, send me an 'expert trigger'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bored.....nothing to do.....so I thought I'd see if I could do a little whackin' and make a 17 round mag fit with the flared magwell. I whacked :D it worked :D

So, the Match is using a Sig P226 20 round mag, while the PPQ 5" is using the modified/skulpted 17 rounder.

Still works in a pistol without the flared magwell.

Come on' Walther, send me an 'expert trigger'.
Greetings , The pics you posted for WHACKIN on the OEM base plates "are no longer available". Could you please repost them or at least explain what you did? I'm attempting to remedy the same issue but would like to see what you did before I start WHACKIN

Thanks

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have any of the Performance magwells.....I'm too cheap. But, I'm sure you'd have to make the same modifications. Without a doubt, you'll have to fill the two holes in the front/top of the 17 round base plate with epoxy....I use JB-Weld. Then start making chips fly....contouring the front of the base plate so it doesn't make contact with the aluminum mag flare. As I recall, I also had to do a little beveling on the upper sides as they were making contact with the flare. Remember this.....a little sanding and a lot of checking/ test fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.