Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an older PPKS 380 which does not have any import marking on the right slide. Just the serial number and a small roundish mark which is hard to decipher.

Also, the "Walther" banner on the left side is smaller and located at the front of the slide under "Carl Walther"in the Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do. line.

1. Does anyone know why there is no import mark on this model with the unusual placement of the banner.
2. How can I determine the year of manufacture?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
It does not seem to have any unusual arrangement of markings to me. It has the proper nitro proof mark and Ulm staghorn plus the date code
I believe the date code marked IC which would be 1982 I=8 C=2...(A=0, B=1,C=2, D=3 and so on for the date code).

If you remove the grips you may find importers marks otherwise it could be a GI bring back. Some GIs would purchase these weapons while serving in Europe and bring them home when their tour ended. Those weapons didn't need import markings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Olsoul. The PPKS was left to me by a fellow veteran who did serve in the US Military for many years. Your confirmation is very appreciated. I saw the "IC". Thank you for interpreting it for me.

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
That was an interesting discussion Balogh thanks for referencing it.

Reactions: Balogh
1 - 6 of 6 Posts