Walther Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
P22-Blow up/off

I recently sent (3 months now) my Son's P-22 in for repar/analysis after a Winchester shell jamed, and discharged in the chamber. I was struck in the eye with a peice of the slide (Polymer ?) This weapon jams OFTEN.
Long story short... S&W's attourney's sent my son a FED-EX letter that if signed, would release them from ALL liabiliy. S&W stated that their metalalergists could find no mfg. or quality problems with the firearm ?? They have agreed to give a full refund ONLY if the papework is signed.
I inherited a couple of older S&W revolvers from my Dad ... but they are making them like "Air-soft" weapon's these days. The SIGMA is also JUNK.
After reporting great quarterly profits...they should be socially responsible, and RECALL P-22's before some young shooter is seriously injured.
** any good lawyers on the site ? Class action ?????

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
For what it's worth, S&W doesn't make the P22. It's made by Umarex, which is Walther's parent company. Umarex is an air soft company, so your observartion is at least right in that regard. S&W handles repairs for Umarex/Walther on this side of the pond, at least through the end of this year.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Yeah, that is me. Just to set the record straight.....the so called bible was put together by someone from threads of mine at RFC. I don't mind. I wrote the threads. Someone else collected them and called it the P22 bible. M1911

21 - 27 of 27 Posts