Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm new to this forum, I came across this interesting .22 blank Walther. I can not seem to find any info on it anywhere. Does anyone know the model or what year it was made in? Thank you for your comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment. Yes I thought the same about it being interesting. Still have not been able to locate info in my search.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Does anyone know the model or what year it was made in?
According to "Walther - A German Legend" by Manfred Kersten it was advertised as the Alarm-Gas-Pistole and was patented in late 1932. I'm guessing production ended in 1944-45 if not sooner.

Do you have any cartridges for it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply with the info. I do not have the cartridges, I assumed they were .22 blanks. Very interesting loading system they get loaded backwards and are loaded on a carousel type magazine. Not sure how they would eject.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
The cutout for loading the magazine looks like the shape of a standard Acorn blank.
They should be commercially available.
I have to wonder if there weren't laws regulating blank guns, stipulating that they couldn't be readily converted to fire live cartridges.
I had one years ago with a horizontal slide with vertical holes for the blanks, so that they were at right angles to the more-or-less barrel.
Pulling the trigger brought a fresh Acorn blank under the striker, fired it, and advanced the slide that held them.
I had another with a tubular magazine in the grip, which pushed the spent Acorn out thru' a hole in the top.

That one looks much more nicely made.
Thanks,
Moon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts