Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 vintage leather holsters and wanted to know where to store them and what/what not to put on them to keep them in good condition? I've read plenty of forums about keeping leather in good condition, but nothing really on leather holsters that are militaria from the 30's & 40's. I have 2 holsters are in good condition, and don't want to put anything on them that will damage the value. On the other hand, I do want to keep them in good shape for the future...
Also, do you store them in the safe or on the shelf in the closet where it's cool and climate controlled? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
923 Posts
here is what I do I treat all my old gun leathere with Picards Antique Leather Treatment.
You can get it here: https://www.pecard.com/. Then I cote the gun that goes in the holster with oil put it in a twist tie plastic bag and put it in the holster. This rig then goes in a climate controlled safe that temp about 72 degrees and humidity 50-60% or less. I then check the rig every 6 months of so to maske sure everything is still sealed

I hope this is helpful to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts