Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thank you for constructive criticism .I will include safety check and apply safe fire arm handling techniques in to my future videos .Also feel free to give me advice on how to improve my videos. Thanks again guys .
noticed this too - for newbies you should show a safety check and proper finger control

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I try not to torture myself too often coming to this section because I can't get a PPQ here in this ultra-safe state of Kalifornia. Nevertheless I would like to share this video realizing it may already have been linked somewhere in this section. Makes my want one even more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ME2.
Thank you for the very informative videos. I recently ordered the Trijicon sights (green front and rear) and will use your video as my guide when I install them.
I do have three questions:
Did you have to make any aiming adjustments after you installed the Trijicons? Did you have to adjust the windage screw? Does the PPQ shoot higher or lower than it did with the stock sights?
Thanks again for the videos!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I hope you can catch what I am trying to say with my heavy accent :) :) :)
Thank you for the videos lots of good info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love the videos, I found your field stripping and cleaning one VERY helpful when I first got my PPQ M2. I was also pleasantly surprised to see you having mounted the Viridian X5L, as I had been considering it as well (now ordered ��)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good job on all your videos, your accent is perfectly understandable,no problem, thank you. Looking forward to your video on "How T" disassemble and reassemble the receiver/frame of the PPQ M2.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone have any good advice for a newbie installing a 10-8 rear sight? My LGS quoted me $45 to install the sight. That seems high to me so I am thinking of trying to do it on my own but it depends on how hard it is. I've looked but haven't found a video. Also since it has a set screw is it necessary for the sight to fit very tight against the frame?

Thanks for helping a newbie at this DIY stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Highly recommended sight combination

After having tried a number of different sights, I think I have finally found the ideal combination (for me) for the PPQ M2. It is a 10-8 Performance rear, with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front. The height and the combat sight picture seem identical to the Walther PPQ M2 stock sights, but this combination has an all black wide U notch rear sight, with an extremely bright front sight. This has been the quickest and most visible sight combination I have shot on my PPQ M2 (which includes more than a few). Hope it works for you.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

10-8 Performance
Walther PPQ rear sight, .140" wide U notch. Fits Walther PPQ M1/M2 (factory notch is .180"). Black QPQ finish, equivalent to factory Melonite type finish on slide. Compatible with .180" tall front sight such as the factory front (.140" wide) or 10-8 front sights (.125" wide).

Dawson Precision
Walther PPQ/PPQ M2/P99 Fiber Optic Front Sights
* Choose Sight Height & Width Below:
.180" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Serrated

I have this set up on two 4" PPQ M2's. One in a red FO, and one in a green.
Depending on lighting, inside vs outside, backgrounds, etc. one color is usually more visible than the other in MY eyes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
After having tried a number of different sights, I think I have finally found the ideal combination (for me) for the PPQ M2. It is a 10-8 Performance rear, with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front. The height and the combat sight picture seem identical to the Walther PPQ M2 stock sights, but this combination has an all black wide U notch rear sight, with an extremely bright front sight. This has been the quickest and most visible sight combination I have shot on my PPQ M2 (which includes more than a few). Hope it works for you.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

10-8 Performance
Walther PPQ rear sight, .140" wide U notch. Fits Walther PPQ M1/M2 (factory notch is .180"). Black QPQ finish, equivalent to factory Melonite type finish on slide. Compatible with .180" tall front sight such as the factory front (.140" wide) or 10-8 front sights (.125" wide).

Dawson Precision
Walther PPQ/PPQ M2/P99 Fiber Optic Front Sights
* Choose Sight Height & Width Below:
.180" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Serrated

I have this set up on two 4" PPQ M2's. One in a red FO, and one in a green.
Depending on lighting, inside vs outside, backgrounds, etc. one color is usually more visible than the other in MY eyes.
So you don't like the complete front & rear set from either Dawson or 10-8?

Would sight POI be the same for a 5" PPQ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you don't like the complete front & rear set from either Dawson or 10-8?

Would sight POI be the same for a 5" PPQ?

I prefer the 10-8 rear sight. I like a U notch more than a square notch. I also prefer the fit of the 10-8 rear to th e Dawson rear. It sits closer to the slide, it's smaller and has more of a custom fit look.

I really like the Dawson FO front sight. It is really bright, and very easy to pick up with the 10-8 rear sight. I honestly have not used the 10-8 FO front sight, but I believe there is good reason why most of the top competitive shooters use a Dawson FO front sight. Also Dawson is a easy company to deal with, and offer many options in height & width to suit individual preferences.

Yes, the POI would be the same for a 5" PPQ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm looking to get the Meprolight Tru-Dot night sights for my PPQ M1. I understand the model ML-18802 without the roll spring is what Meprolight suggests for the PPQ which is the one designed for the PPS. According to one of the installation videos, I need a special hex tool to install the front sight. The specific Meprolight tool is discontinued, does anyone know of a similar tool that will work for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello, I'm looking to get the Meprolight Tru-Dot night sights for my PPQ M1. I understand the model ML-18802 without the roll spring is what Meprolight suggests for the PPQ which is the one designed for the PPS. According to one of the installation videos, I need a special hex tool to install the front sight. The specific Meprolight tool is discontinued, does anyone know of a similar tool that will work for this? Thanks.
The correct Meprolight set for the PPQ is ML-18801. The item# ML-18802 is for the PPS. See link: http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid={9E0E114D-D3CE-4DA7-9D49-69AA4FC0C485}

I have the ML-18801 set on two PPQ pistols and they are really great sights. I also have the ML-18802 set on my PPS pistol and like them very much.

The front sight needs a 3/16" hex installation tool - just like all Glock front sights. You can find one here: https://www.amazon.com/Dawson-Professional-Grade-Glock-Installation/dp/B01JMO727I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1508380174&sr=8-5&keywords=glock+front+sight+tool&refinements=p_72:2661618011

Or, you can get the Glock OEM model which many say is the best. It has a magnetic tip to help you hold the front sight screw that the Dawson Precision tool doesn't have. Either tool will do the trick, but some say that the Glock tool with its magnet makes the job easier. It's up to you as the Glock tool is more expensive, but maybe worth it. https://store.teamglock.com/glock-front-sight-tool-hex.html

I hope this helps you out :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I prefer the 10-8 rear sight. I like a U notch more than a square notch. I also prefer the fit of the 10-8 rear to th e Dawson rear. It sits closer to the slide, it's smaller and has more of a custom fit look.

I really like the Dawson FO front sight. It is really bright, and very easy to pick up with the 10-8 rear sight. I honestly have not used the 10-8 FO front sight, but I believe there is good reason why most of the top competitive shooters use a Dawson FO front sight. Also Dawson is a easy company to deal with, and offer many options in height & width to suit individual preferences.

Yes, the POI would be the same for a 5" PPQ.
So.. to move from Walther factory Combat sight picture to picture 2 with the top of front sight on center of target a taller front sight would be required?

.180 = factory

Can someone tell me how much each of these increments would change POA/POI? Would love to have several to play with but at $50 a pop..

Has there been any notification of when the 10-8 rear might be available. Yes, I've asked them for email notification.

Thanks.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts