Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Straight from the video...

Trijicon (L) and Meprolight (R)
Nice :) To my opinion Trijicon sights are sharper looking(better appearance ) than Meprolight sights .But I liked Meprolight over reg sights 'till I got Trijicon.

·
Premium Member
8,502 Posts
New video(how to remove a firing pin) :WALTHER PPQ FIRING PIN REMOVAL - YouTube
Nice video...glad to see the safety check, great role modeling!

One thing I always do after the firing pin and cover are in place but before final reassembly is to depress the FPB and push the firing pin forward making sure it will protrude thought the firing pin hole...

I doubt it could be assembled incorrectly but when TSHTF I'd sure hate to be expecting "bang" and hear "click" or nothing instead.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Olsoul , thank you for sharing . This is what I like about the forum . You can always learn something new very day .

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Quick check..

The firing pin shouldn't move forward, but you should be able to pull it back with a little effort.

If you depress and hold the safety plunger, then move the the striker assembly forward, it should have some give

..if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
8,502 Posts
Quick check..

The firing pin shouldn't move forward, but you should be able to pull it back with a little effort.

If you depress and hold the safety plunger, then move the the striker assembly forward, it should have some give

..if that makes sense
I call that the Firing Pin Block (FPB) but actual terminology should be Safty Plunger....my bad Boogs

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I took my "Q" to the shooting range today ,shot 200 rounds trough it -all good.

·
Premium Member
8,502 Posts
I took my "Q" to the shooting range today ,shot 200 rounds trough it -all good.
What no video of your range targets getting shredded??? :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good stuff!

Would love it if someone would post a review of the XS sights on their PPQ. Interested in Trijicon HD sights but they don't make them for PPQ I understand?

XS Big Dot seems to be a pretty well known and generally liked sighting choice as far as "combat sights" go. I just wish more was written about their accuracy and how to zero them in to be as accurate as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Laser Q

Whats the general opinion on the Viridian C5L laser combo? Im REALLY close to ordering it but want to be sure its worth the $. And the fact that from the pics I've seen, its dead sexy with the PPQ doesnt hurt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
weapon safety

I thought you did a fine job on the videos with one exception, a number of times you had your finger in the trigger guard and/or on the trigger.
While I'm positive your weapon was safed, you might want to consider being a good role model for others by using proper firearm handling technique.
That being said, I'm looking foreward to more videos from you Me2.

Great videos. I must reiterate, your finger on the trigger was driving me crazy. Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
in a land of many accents from a southern drawl to a jersey twang. do not worry about your accent. I found you videos informative and the accent did not detract at all, infact it fascinated me... just the opposite of what you thought. keep up the good work and thank you so much for sharing with us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whats the general opinion on the Viridian C5L laser combo? Im REALLY close to ordering it but want to be sure its worth the $. And the fact that from the pics I've seen, its dead sexy with the PPQ doesnt hurt.
I just ordered mine today... so I will get some range time in a few weeks. I also ordered a holster to fit the PPQ (M2) with the C5L (from Multiholsters.com ) so I'm eager to see how it all works as a system. I'm going to another gun show (ammo still hard to find and too expensive here in CA) and will also pick up a 9mm bore laser to dial in the C5L (and do some home trigger practice)

My last range time with my new PPQ (M2) it became clear that this oh so smooth and quick trigger I could benefit form a green dot to quickly re-acquire my target under rapid fire. Now I wait for UPS man every day :( I'll post the results as the items come in but the holster will take 2+ months so I'm hopeful the gun show will have some other options.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts