Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked this up, not really much info on it online. From what I’ve read there was less than 13,000 produced in two different calibers.

It was in production about 1924-1928.
I’m wondering what the value is for this.
I understand that rare doesn’t always mean high value.

Spare parts are nonexistent on it so I most likely will not be comparing group sizes with my PPS M2.

I found a website that has some information on it.

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Mann765/mann765.html

If anyone has more info on it let me know.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Can't say as I know anything about your particular pistol but as a collector of vest pocket pistols I can give you some thoughts about them in general.

There were dozens of makers of .25 pocket guns from the early to late 1900s. While they have fallen out of favor as carry guns for most people these days there are still some folks out there who love the little guys. In my mind they are still a viable carry option for many people (especially women). They were readily available for many years for less than the cost of a good meal. As to value...In recent years guns like the Baby Browning, Colt 1908, Walther Model 9 have been getting pretty good money. Off brands not so much. The lack of info online is a clue that your gun probably falls in the latter category. The last VP I bought was a "Martian" which is a version of JMB's 1905. I gave less than $150 for it. The sum of the parts could be greater than the value of the whole. Original mags and grips from the 20's can get pretty pricey for any gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight!

I see magazines and grips on gunbroker for that model listed for more than what I paid for the pistol. They are intresting guns for sure.

I remember years ago at a pawn shop I had seen a pair of Colt 1903’s selling for $250 a piece. I’d wish I would have bought them then. They are selling well over that price these days.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The 1903 has really skyrocketed in price over the last few years. Anyone that has shot one knows why. I got mine for $300 and wouldn't sell it for twice that. I also have 1908 with the same year of manufacture (1921). I regularly carry the 1908.

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Carried a 950 Beretta in .25ACP (had a .22 iteration for a trainer) some years back.

There are some neat little guns in the caliber. There are some POS as well; can we say 'Raven'?
Moon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts