Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is an abnormality that just came into my herd thanks to a fellow forum member. No markings. Not much internal parts , evidence that the grips and the slide had been glued to the frame. And frame is fairly rough. You could call it an 80% frame.
I would think maybe it was a lunchbox gun from Gadsden except it’s an alloy frame. So probably from Ulm. But how and why did it get here ?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I don't like this ,it is an abomination why in the devil would any idiot glue the slide to the frame ? Speculation could run rampant on this one ,to render it inert temporarily ,but for what purpose ? To make someone think they had a functional pistole that wasn't , or to get it past customs as a inoperable firearm ? Who knows , nice snag .......I think . With all the spare parts you have you could probably make it functional again ,keep us updated . Ayb

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Could it be a workshop model or an apprentice project?

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The curved surface grinding pattern on the frame --opposite arcs on left and right sides-- is characteristic of Ulm manufacture. Look to see if it's been machined for the twin lock tabs actuated by the magazine (to keep the trigger guard from opening if the mag's inserted). If not, it was regarded by Walther as incomplete, i.e., never finished far enough to be serialized.

Probably it was sent to Gadsden for pre-production study, but that's just a guess.

M

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Pilk', should we even ask how you conjure this stuff? Were eye of newt and hair of toad involved? :rolleyes:
Now what will you do with it?
Moon

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moon,
No,
I'll take the 5th,
make the MGMike limited edition Walther Forum tribute gun

Reactions: halfmoonclip
1 - 6 of 6 Posts