Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the vertical hand grip from the Beretta Storm fits the rail on the new model P99's? How hard would it be to get someone to make a 16" bbl. for the P99 and then affix the vertical grip to make a carbine? It has been done with the 1911's and I was just wondering how hard it would be to do with a P99?

·
Registered
232 Posts
You also need a stock to make it a carbine. It's not really worth the effort. By the time you buy a stock, and a barrel, you could just buy a pistol cal carbine like the highpoint.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd have to agree with toeball on this one. Money would be better spent on buying a weapon system designed to function as a carbine. Hipoint, KelTec, Beretta and even Walther make one. Not that I am a fan of pistol caliber carbines as I have always felt that if youre gonna transition to a heavier platform, it better shoot heavier rounds. Just personal preferance though. Adding a 16" barrel to a recoil operated firearm designed to function with a 4" barrel would be tricky. The added weight would cause cycling issues so other things would have to be tweaked as well, all of which takes design and testing to acheive

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Then you need at least 30 round magazines to make it worth it. I've heard Pro-Mag makes some, but have heard bad reliability problems with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ Dec. 13 2005,19:43)]Then you need at least 30 round magazines to make it worth it.  I've heard Pro-Mag makes some, but have heard bad reliability problems with them.
Promag...Reliability problems NOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
232 Posts
From Promag I've got 1 16 rounder which does not feed reliably, even ball ammo, but my 34 rounder is good with ball. No real issues anyway...

·
Registered
8 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TAZ @ Dec. 13 2005,10:17)]I'd have to agree with toeball on this one.  Money would be better spent on buying a weapon system designed to function as a carbine.  Hipoint, KelTec, Beretta and even Walther make one.  Not that I am a fan of pistol caliber carbines as I have always felt that if youre gonna transition to a heavier platform, it better shoot heavier rounds.  Just personal preferance though.  Adding a 16" barrel to a recoil operated firearm designed to function with a 4" barrel would be tricky.  The added weight would cause cycling issues so other things would have to be tweaked as well, all of which takes design and testing to acheive
WHen did walther make a carbine??

Any info would be appriciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts